Enjoy making your original soap with this lye calculator. No running about your computer, no lye and oil spots on your working table.
Calculation lye weight is so easy. Just select your needs from butters and oils list, or go to information box for additional help.
* Calculates lye amount for soap making.
* Works in different measure systems.
* Includes more than hundred ingredients.
* Shows detailed information about each ingredient.
* Also calculates fragrance and super fat values.
* Helps to create your own recipes.
* Determines your soap qualities.
* Easy recipe sizer
* Stores your recipes and comments.
* Sends your recipes by e-mail.
* Integrated unique auto balancing function saves your money and time.
* No ads
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Wrong Data for Palm Kernal Flakes
The values for Palm Kernal Flakes are incorrectly entered. All of the values are shifted down one space starting with iodine. It looks like it has a 227 for lauric, which would be insane! Ruins all of the recipes that include this oil. Hopefully they will fix in an update soon!
Great program.. Needs some tweaks
I've been making soap for a couple of years now and use this calculator a lot. I really like it!
I think it needs some tweaks, though.
First, it needs to separate my recipe from the auto balanced one by using different colors, or better yet by putting the auto balanced recipe on a separate page. I was in a hurry this morning and mistakenly used the auto balanced lye amount instead of the recipe amount (I haven't made soap in a while). I might not have made that error if the auto balanced recipe was separated from the actual recipe.
Second, the auto balanced recipe should try to calculate using the same total amount of oils as is in the entered recipe. Auto balance is always low, so I have to adjust it up. It is an unnecessary PITA to try to adjust the recipe.
I just got this and I can not recommend it. It only allows you to calculate water as % of oils (which isn’t a good idea to begin with) and other numbers it recommends are outright insane.
One of the things I do when looking at a soap calculator is I run simple, tried and true recipes I’ve used through it to see what happens. On a 2 pound recipe it recommended 100 oz of fragrance oil and 2 + pounds of water!
Tl;dr: use the soapcalc website or do your own math. This app is bad
The developer, Bars, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bulat Faizullin
- 18.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © CS Magics 2015
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.