Soap is the best way to cut through the noise, hear all sides and make up your own mind.
Pop an issue bubble, check-out viewpoints, decide what you think!
• Use Soap to cut through the clutter, and get a broad spectrum of perspectives. First, you’ll see the 7 most-talked about issues in the news. Then, relevant stories.
• Stories are organized by who’s sharing them: From 50,000+ verified scientists, journalists, advocates, business celebrities, politicians and more. No fakes.
• No need to drain your brain: Soap topic bubbles put today’s issues in context for you.
• Why trust us? We believe no one should be for sale, so we don’t violate your privacy or collect personal data. We’re in this for good; Soap Public Media is a non-profit organization.
“I learned that I should look at things from different perspectives and that it is important to stay informed...Would use this [Soap] instead of google to look things up.” Amy, Age 21
“It’s my dream scenario to have a place where I can trust the sources and know that I can see all different points of view.” India, Age 16
“A lot of different perspectives condensed in one platform. So instead of having to actively search different platforms because I know what their perspective might be or I know that they might have a different point of view - I really like how it's condensed in one space.” Faith, Age 23
Why you need Soap:
• Easy way to think for yourself.
• Issues first. Viewpoints second.
• Trusted list of sources.
• Notifications & trends for every issue.
• Compare viewpoints at-a-glance.
• News in context: For every issue -- Soap surfaces the stories that are being shared by leading 50,000+ trusted individuals, organizations and publishers from the top 300+ news publications in the US & World such as The New York Times, Fox News and Science Magazine to YouTube Stars, Nobel Prize winners, Politicians and celebrities from Elon Musk and Oprah Winfrey to Selena Gomez.
How to use Soap:
GET ISSUES FIRST. VIEWPOINTS SECOND.
Soap is a tool for being well informed, staying abreast of key issues, and for learning news literacy & critical thinking.
TRUST SOAP’S SOURCES
50,000+ vetted sources including Scientists, Celebrities, Reporters, Advocates, Politicians and Businesses.
DISCOVER TOP ISSUES
Soap bubbles-up the most talked about issues for each group of trusted sources.
EXPLORE VIEWPOINTS PER ISSUE
Pop an issue bubble for one group. See what others thinks about that issue. Compare viewpoints side-by-side.
TRACK ISSUES OVER TIME
Follow issues to get notifications. View insights to see trends and see who is talking about the issue.
SEARCH & RESEARCH
Working on an article, essay or project? Use Soap to understand the sides of your issue.
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.