The Soccer ClipPad is an intuitively designed iPad app that provides coaches with a "whiteboard", drill builder, practice planner and team lineup manager.
Create easy to follow drills, manage team lineups game by game, and develop practice plans that you can print or email to share with your team and coaches.
This app works great with an iPad stylus.
* DRAW up clean, easy to view drills and SAVE drills for later use. No more thick binders full of drills that are hard to find.
* CREATE practice plans and SHARE the plans with fellow coaches. Now all coaches can be prepared before practice.
* SHARE drills with fellow coaches. Build up your collection of drills by sharing with other coaches through the app.
* MANAGE lineups for each game and easily SWAPPING players in the lineup. Now respond quicker to game situations and view lineups from previous games.
* TEACH your team plays and tactics using the whiteboard feature. No need for marker, pen or paper on the bench.
App features include:
WHITEBOARD to quickly sketch plays and tactics
* Build well-designed drills
* Choose from a list of useful drill symbols
* Drawing capabilities with different colors, line styles, and line ends
* Easy access to player icons (by position) to quickly draw up plays
* Save your drills in the app's drill repository for quick access
* E-Mail drills and plays
* Save drills to photos
* Manage and Share Drills/Plays without leaving the app
* Easily categorize and locate saved drills
* Customize the drill categories as you see fit
* Easily view all of your saved drills
* Support for Portrait and Landscape device orientation when editing and viewing drills & plays
* Ability to export and import drills into the app
* E-mail drills and practice plans
PRACTICE PLANS: Save, Share, Print
* Generate and share practice plans with a few touches
* Select the drills and let the app create the plan for you
* Save and Organize practice plans by team or group
* Share practice plans with fellow coaches via email
* Print Practice Plans from the iPad to an AirPrint enabled printer
TEAM LINEUP MANAGER
* Lineups can be edited, saved, and deleted
* Swap players in/out of lineup with rich drag & drop
* E-Mail lineups to your team and coaching staff
* Add notes to each lineup
* Save defaults for lineups
Requires iOS 5.1 or higher
Fix to the App-2-App import feature in iPadOS 13. Now when receiving a Soccer ClipPad import attachment, tap on the attachment, select the "More" button from the popover, and scroll down to tap "Copy to Soccer ClipPad". This will open the app to import drills and practice plans in the attachment.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Training
I wanted a simple app that I could use to design training sessions and then print out easily to take to practice. I didn't want an app for games, and didn't want to take my iPad to the field for practice. For using as I've described, I highly recommend this app.
Excellent Lineup Manager and Whiteboard
Wonderful app for managing your soccer lineup. It can handle up to 20 players on a team and repeat substitutions. Because it was developed with the KISS principle in mind (keep it simple stupid) it is far easier and faster to use than the more expensive alternatives that are more flashy but much less practical. If they could add a clock so the user could define how much time is to be played (game durations vary by age and geography) and divide the game into halves or quarters (yes, some leagues play quarters instead of halves) and have the app track playing time by player (some leagues are equal playing time leagues), then I think this app would draw a larger following. A way to quickly keep track of the score and timestamp the scoring would be another wonderful enhancement.
The app is pretty straight forward. I like that I can save drills and lineups for each week. The practice plan also let's you select the drills in your library for practices so you come prepared.
I wish you could edit a saved drill.
I wish the common icons such as a cone, ball, or player were around the perimeter vs. having to open a drop down menu.
I wish that there were pre-loaded drills to choose from.
I wish you could add lineup formations in addition to the ones available such as a 4-5-1.
The downside is that this app has crashed on me a number of times when saving the drills that I just finished creating causing a lot of lost time.
If the stability is fixed, I would give it a 4. With the other wish list items added, I would give this app a 5. Simple and straightforward.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Torey Lomenda
- 16.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Torey Lomenda
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.