The Social Skills with Billy app was designed by a speech pathologist to allow children with autism to practice their social skills and pragmatic language in real-life situations and to practice identifying various feelings.
To practice social skills and pragmatic language, children are presented with over 100 real-life situational dialogues pertaining to birthday parties, school, home, restaurants, a hairdresser, a department store, a library, a doctor’s office, a dental office, family dinners, baseball games, play dates, airports, a garage sale, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, a New Year’s Eve party, visiting a sick grandmother, a field trip, a new baby, general conversations, making new friends, family vacations, and peer conflicts.
To practice identifying feelings, children are presented with real-life photos and short case scenarios.
The Social Skills with Billy app offers seven main activity categories, targeting the following skills:
- Identifying correct responses in dialogue
- Identifying wrong vs. right responses in dialogue
- Stating correct responses in dialogue
- Identifying feelings by following directions with pictures
- Identifying feelings in a multiple-choice format with pictures
- Identifying feelings based on short case scenarios
- Stating feelings based on short case scenarios
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Added loading page
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Virtual Speech Center Inc.
- 155.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Virtual Speech Center Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.