A hands-free and audible Twitter client. Automatically refreshes to speak and display the latest Tweets. You choose the voice!
○ No need to pull to refresh. Listen to the latest Tweets as you multitask.
○ Speak Tweets from your Timeline, other user's Timelines, other user's Likes, Searches, Mentions, Trending Topics or Lists.
○ Control Tweet playback and operations with your voice using Voice Control and Shortcuts.
○ Language detection: speak Tweets in the language they were written.
○ Detect and speak reply threads (i.e. Tweetstorms) from the same user in chronological order.
○ Sound triggers: Play a sound when certain words or phrases are in a Tweet.
○ Choose from any of the iOS speaking voices installed on your device (we recommend any of the Siri voices).
○ Set the speaking rate. Available speeds are 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 4x, 8x and .5x.
○ View Tweets in-app or open them in your preferred Twitter client.
○ Follow/Mute/Block users.
○ Live-updating Retweet and Like counters.
○ Save links to Pocket.
○ Dark mode.
○ Full Apple Watch support.
○ Profanity filter.
○ Accessible (VoiceOver and Voice Control).
○ Kaomoji/emoji art: the most popular of these are detected and spoken aloud.
Premium options (via subscription and in-app purchases):
○ Text detection in images attached to Tweets.
○ High Quality Speech Voices: purchase tokens to speak Tweets in higher quality voices that get encoded to shareable MP3 files.
○ Continuous fetch: keep attempting to retrieve and speak Tweets while the app is in the background or the device is locked. Note: this means Tweets may begin speaking after periods of silence.
○ Video/Animated GIF autoplay.
It has been a long, winding journey. Version 1 of Social Speaker barely had a user interface. You set up your Twitter account and that was about it. The unique feature was that it allowed you to say "Hey Siri, speak Tweets", and Siri would go fetch Tweets from your Timeline and speak them to you. This was ground-breaking, but it was before Siri Shortcuts, so room for expansion and customization was limited.
That's why version 2 changed direction and became more of a full Twitter client, similar to what you see now (although decidedly more polished). You could choose to speak Tweets from your timeline, mentions, lists and searches. You could use any iOS accessibility voice that had been installed on your device. You could like and retweet. You could also speak threads (Tweetstorms).
Since then it's been an ongoing process of refinement and adding features to make the app the most powerful client for users wanting a hands-free Twitter experience. The journey came full-circle with version 3, with the reintroduction of Siri via Shortcuts. Now the app can be fully controlled via voice, as originally intended in version 1. This version also added high-quality voices, which greatly improve the clarity and quality of speaking.
What's to come? We're thinking big, and we're excited to share it with you!
If you find the app useful, please take a moment to RATE and REVIEW it. These ratings are essential for independent developers on the App Store. And we promise to respond to EVERY SINGLE REVIEW!
Got an idea for a new feature? We want to know! Many of our best features were suggested by users, and we can usually add them by the next release. Send feedback and suggestions to:
Find us on Twitter:
Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Wordle! Now the app will detect and speak a summary of any Wordle results found in Tweets.
Ads begone: the free version no longer interrupts your feed with ads. It will just speak an occasional reminder about how many Tweets you've heard. A Premium subscription stops these reminders.
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to use Twitter. Listen!
Update. My email was going to developers spam folder. Working again and a great app.
Great app when it worked. Unfortunately on iPhone 7 during day hours it crashes. Oddly it still works on an iPhone 6. Both on 11.4 IOS. I think there must have been an update. Until resolved, the app is unusable. E-mailed support but no response. Hope it gets resolved as a very good app for Twitter. One of the best.
Developer Response ,
Thanks, FootieAA! Glad we got you back up and running.
Invaluable tool to digest Twitter
I have found this app to be an invaluable tool in regards to keeping up to date with the latest news. I am a general contractor and have to oversee operations on many levels. With the latest news in city and state closures, Twitter seems to be the best option to have a finger on the pulse of the way people are thinking.
I don’t particularly like Twitter in general, but for this I am grateful to have the platform for this.
Having an app that puts it into words is so much easier than having to filter thru tweets. I love that it runs in the background as I am constantly using my devices for other things on my jobs.
Having this app gives me a jump on scheduling and honestly saved me a bunch of time and money with my subcontractors. For example, I was able to find alternate housing for many of my workers before the city shutting down many hotels in the area due to Covid-19.
Love the High-Quality Speech!!
Keep up the good work!!
Developer Response ,
Reviews like this are fuel for the fire that keeps indie devs going. It's so rewarding to hear how the app is helping in real-world situations. Thank you very much for sharing!
Why do I see ads if I pay?
Nice app but I see ads on my new phone
Developer Response ,
Hi Joe. Thanks for the review. If you're using the same App Store account from you old phone, all you'll need to do is "Restore Purchases" on the new phone. You can find that button at the bottom of the Store popup. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be happy to assist.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ObeeMobee LLC
- 146.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016 ObeeMobee LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Voice Twitter Client $0.99
- Medium Pack $3.99
- Disable Ads $1.99
- Mega Pack $15.99
- Premium Voice Twitter Client $9.99
- Starter Pack $1.99
- Movie Ticket $7.99
- Candy Bar $1.99
- Slice of Pizza $3.99
- Gourmet Cheeseburger $5.99