Howdy! ’sodes is a casual, cozy way to listen to the occasional podcast. There are no download queues or tricked-out audio features. Just tap a show, tap an episode, and listen.
● Don’t-have-to-think-about-it visual design. – Made for folks who want podcast listening to be a casual habit.
● No account required. – Everything happens right on your device.
● No downloads to manage*. – Tap an episode and it starts playing.
● Convenient home screen. – The “home” screen of the app has convenient access to your most favorite shows, in-progress episodes, and a few of the most recent unplayed episodes.
● Multiple color themes. – Switch from the Light to the Dark theme with a two finger swipe, like flicking off a light switch. Do it again to switch to the Campfire theme for ultra-low-light goodness (useful for moms ’n dads up at 3am rocking babies to sleep).
● Big, tappable buttons. – The player screen has extra large buttons with ample spacing. This should help anyone who has trouble tapping the right button in a hurry (walking, jogging, cooking, etc).
● Works with CarPlay. – Keep your eyes on the road while you listen to your favorite shows. Stay safe out there, folks.
● Drop the needle using Siri Shorcuts. – Play a specific podcast, or just play whatever's the most appropriate next thing to hear, by using a Siri Shortcut. Requires iOS 12.
● Keep Screen Unlocked – A special feature for commuters who can't use CarPlay: if you keep your phone plugged into a dashboard mount on long road trips, and you don’t have or can’t use Bluetooth controls, try enabling the “Keep Screen Unlocked” option in settings. This keeps your screen unlocked as long ’sodes is open AND it is playing (not paused) AND the device is connected to a charger. Why? Because then you can quickly pause or skip without fumbling to unlock your phone.
* ’sodes requires an internet connection in order to play audio. Once you start playing an episode, only the portions of audio data requested by the system will be downloaded. This data is stored temporarily on disk in order to limit network data usage and does not provide offline playback. Audio data is stashed in a directory that doesn't count against your iPhone’s local storage and which your iPhone manages for you automatically. ’sodes also periodically removes old audio data so the system doesn't have to.
• Color schemes are now in sync with the new iOS 13 Light / Dark color schemes.
• Requires iOS 13 or later.
• Small improvements in audio loading time.
• Fixed a large number of bugs and breakages introduced by a certain new OS who shall not be named.
• Campfire theme is no longer available.
• Minor UI tweaks that most people won’t notice.
• Audio data could, under certain conditions, continue to load after you’ve tapped “Stop Playing”.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent app thats well designed
I love the sleek minimalist design and simplicity of this app. Its perfect for the casual podcaster. Everything just works well. The cherry on the top are the dark and campfire themes. I tend to listen before i sleep, so this feature really helps with eyestrain.
Lastly i would like to implore the developer to keep the optional download feature. It’s a super helpful feature for traveling. No matter if it be on the road or in a plane, nobody wants their podcast interrupted because of buffering. Otherwise, just end up having to download a different app on the side for when reception wont be good.
App is great - feature request
Really great app. Great design and aesthetic. It is very easy to search podcasts and play episodes for a la carte listening. I enjoy being able to listen without the need of making a playlist or queue (these are features of almost every other app, and get in The way for me).
Feature request: I would really enjoy the ability to download 1-5 episodes for offline listening. Not being able to download prevents me from being able to use this app in any situation where I can’t stream well. Thanks!
Awesomely simple podcast player
I love how simple and intuitive the app is to use. And not having to worry about my podcasts eating a bunch of valuable space on my phone is great.
One feature request would be to be able to mark all episodes of a given podcast as finished. I’d rather not see a bunch of back-episodes pop up in the “unplayed” section even though I played them in another app.
- Nice Boy LLC
- 9.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Nice Boy LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.