Never forget how much I love you.
Howdy! ’sodes is a casual, cozy way to listen to the occasional podcast. There are no download queues or tricked-out audio features. Just tap a show, tap an episode, and listen.
● Don’t-have-to-think-about-it visual design. – Made for folks who want podcast listening to be a casual habit.
● No account required. – Everything happens right on your device.
● No downloads to manage*. – Tap an episode and it starts playing.
● Convenient home screen. – The “home” screen of the app has convenient access to your most favorite shows, in-progress episodes, and a few of the most recent unplayed episodes.
● Multiple color themes. – Switch from the Light to the Dark theme with a two finger swipe, like flicking off a light switch. Do it again to switch to the Campfire theme for ultra-low-light goodness (useful for moms ’n dads up at 3am rocking babies to sleep).
● Big, tappable buttons. – The player screen has extra large buttons with ample spacing. This should help anyone who has trouble tapping the right button in a hurry (walking, jogging, cooking, etc).
● Works with CarPlay. – Keep your eyes on the road while you listen to your favorite shows. Stay safe out there, folks.
● Drop the needle using Siri Shorcuts. – Play a specific podcast, or just play whatever's the most appropriate next thing to hear, by using a Siri Shortcut. Requires iOS 12.
● Keep Screen Unlocked – A special feature for commuters who can't use CarPlay: if you keep your phone plugged into a dashboard mount on long road trips, and you don’t have or can’t use Bluetooth controls, try enabling the “Keep Screen Unlocked” option in settings. This keeps your screen unlocked as long ’sodes is open AND it is playing (not paused) AND the device is connected to a charger. Why? Because then you can quickly pause or skip without fumbling to unlock your phone.
* ’sodes requires an internet connection in order to play audio. Once you start playing an episode, only the portions of audio data requested by the system will be downloaded. This data is stored temporarily on disk in order to limit network data usage and does not provide offline playback. Audio data is stashed in a directory that doesn't count against your iPhone’s local storage and which your iPhone manages for you automatically. ’sodes also periodically removes old audio data so the system doesn't have to.
• Fixed a couple minor bugs when parsing feeds.
• Minor UI tweaks for freshness.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful design, but somewhat limited
I love the way ’sodes looks! It’s a fresh take on a podcast app. That being said, I feel it is missing some key features. While I understand the intent is simplicity, just a few missing features will make this a great podcast app.
Would like to see the ability to download episodes for offline listening. Since podcasts can be long (and therefore streaming will use a lot of data), I feel this is a key feature that this app is lacking. Additionally, an auto-download of new episodes would be great.
Also, would be useful to be able to mark all episodes as Finished. I’ve got a podcast with well over a thousand episodes that I’d like to remove from the Unplayed list.
Hoping to see this app evolve into a great alternative to other more established apps!
Privacy MATTERS and Minimalism
This podcast app is perfect in every way (for me). It collects basically zero info about you and it’s designed so well! Literally bro I’m telling you this is great i’ve been converting to privacy respecting apps over the last few months and this one took a minute to find. Even the stock ios app collects info from you for third party advertising. One suggestion. Put a donate button in or something or make the app paid because currently it seems the developer is making no money here. There is no monetization model in place and I’d happily pay for something like this to support development in a straightforward way! Thank You for being awesome and actually caring about user privacy. Apps should be tools! Not stalkers.
Excellent app thats well designed
I love the sleek minimalist design and simplicity of this app. Its perfect for the casual podcaster. Everything just works well. The cherry on the top are the dark and campfire themes. I tend to listen before i sleep, so this feature really helps with eyestrain.
Lastly i would like to implore the developer to keep the optional download feature. It’s a super helpful feature for traveling. No matter if it be on the road or in a plane, nobody wants their podcast interrupted because of buffering. Otherwise, just end up having to download a different app on the side for when reception wont be good.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nice Boy LLC
- 9.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Nice Boy LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.