Observe, understand, and marvel any solar eclipse between 1990 and 2100!
How does a solar eclipse occur? Where will the Moon’s shadow pass over the Earth’s surface during the next eclipse? Where can the solar eclipse be best observed, and what must be kept in mind during the observation?
Experience solar eclipses, all shown in vivid, interactive simulations. Find out where to observe the solar eclipse from the best location. Witness the celestial event as observed from a point near the Sun. Read all the fascinating facts about the Sun and the development of a solar eclipse, and get useful tips for observing a solar eclipse.
Selected by cnet.com among the best apps for watching solar eclipses! (8/2017)
• Four different interactive eclipse simulations: View from current location, View from best location, View from orbit around the Earth, View from the Sun
• Physical and schematic solar eclipse maps including simulations of the solar eclipses
• Visualization of the best visibility (partial/total obscuration)
• All about eclipses: explanations and facts, illustrated with images and videos
• All solar eclipses occurred/will occur on the Earth between 1990 and 2100
• Video of the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017 in the U.S.
• Select location from a map, via place name search, or GPS; alternatively, select the ‘best location‘ for observing
• Display up-to-date weather and temperature data
• All the data needed for observing ‘live‘: time of greatest eclipse, coordinates, etc.
• Five languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Russian
Never miss any celestial event again – with the perfect Redshift app to meet your desires!
• Redshift Compact – Astronomy for beginners
• Redshift – Astronomy for advanced users
• Redshift Pro including many more features, e.g. telescope control
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to email@example.com
We are looking forward to your feedback!
For more information on news and updates: www.redshift-live.com or visit us on www.facebook.com/redshiftplanetariumsoftware
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Have a look at the new live video of the solar eclipse 2017 in the U.S.! Plus: Some smaller tweaks and optimizations make the app even better.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to be updated
The Eclipse Calendar doesn't seem to work anymore, at least on my iPad.
Other than this, it's an awesome app.
Three stars because not being able to see when eclipses will occur in my area is such a huge part of using it.
This app is very intuitive and flexible. Useful far beyond the upcoming U.S. Eclipse. Highly recommended!!
A waste of money..:(
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- 592.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich. ™ The RedShift Brand is a registered trademark of Maris Technologies Ltd. Copyright Maris Technologies 1993-2017.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.