This application shows the apparent solar time, the time you would see on a sundial at your current location. It is the combination of the mean solar time (which depends on the longitude at your current position), the time difference from the solar equation which changes over the year because of the ecliptic path of the earth around the sun and optional daylight saving in the summer.
That means the solar time at 12:00pm (noon) is the time of the highest sun position.
- see the time difference in detail
- toggle the display of the seconds
- toggle between 12 and 24 hours
- the background color changes according to the time difference from the solar equation
- the location is automatically updated when you move
- supports all iPhones and all iPads
- supports the iPad multitasking (split view, ...)
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
What’s not to like?
This app does exactly what it claims to do. No more, no less. I’ve had it on my iPhone for over three years and refer to it often. A nice, reliable gadget.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.