SolarMeter is a solar energy analyzing tool that allows you to calculate, estimate and visualize solar power and energy output of a solar panel at specific location using your iPhone or iPad.
You can't find a better source of energy then sunlight. It is presented in unlimited amount all over the globe, it's free and it has no destructive impact on the environment. If you've ever thought of using sun energy, but had some doubts or questions as "Is my location getting enough sunlight?", "Do I have enough area on my roof to cover my annual energy consumption?", "What side of my roof is more energy effective?", "How much area do I need to cover my energy needs?", "How would my energy bill change after PV system installation?", now you can answer all these question using SolarMeter app for iOS.
Solar Meter helps you to check solar potential of your roof, how much solar power you are getting at your location throughout the year and help to estimate how much energy a photo-voltaic system is able to produce per month.
SolarMeter has following features:
- Real-time solar power calculation based on current location, panel/device orientation and panel/device tilt**
- Solar Power and Energy calculation for different period of time: day, month, year
- Ideal (calculated) and experimental statistical solar data (offline) available
- Sensor based inputs for orientation and tilt
- Automatic current location search using GPS and Network
- Graph/Plot 2D data presentation
- Solar panel efficiency control
- Bill and Saving estimation based on user input (energy monthly or annual consumption).
- Roof tilt angle measurement
- Roof area calculation based on Planimeter* app measurement and roof tilt angle.
- Metric and Imperial units
- area converter in Roof Measurement section when units are changed
* Note: This app has to be purchased and installed to be able to use it for measurements.
** Make sure your Time Zone settings are correct and you use it in portrait orientation.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m either missing something, or this app is donkey without ears. Can’t calibrate, no GPS map, poor instruction. Nice theory, but someone should put effort into this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment.
Could you please contact email@example.com with more details about issues you have with the app on your device? The app works as described: to calibrate compass you need to shake your device as stated in the app. There is not GPS map (will consider your suggestion), when you click my location button, your geo-coordinates are automatically added when found, you can also lat and lng manually. Same with other inputs - when buttons on the right touched tilt and orientation from device sensors will be used OR you can enter manually any values. Calculate buttons will start calculation for your inputs. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns and will try to help you.
compass does not work
compass does not work
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.