SOLO Hexagons is a strategy for enhancing higher order thinking and systems thinking.
Generate content (ideas and images) on the hexagons. Make links between the hexagons, annotating any links with reasons. Extend your thinking by making generalisations about the BIG IDEA in the clusters of hexagons.
Challenging others to extend their thinking is easy and fun! Simply share your hexagons, and challenge others to make connections and extend your ideas. Invite others to generate hexagons for you to connect and extend.
Use SOLO hexagons as a strategy to determine prior knowledge, scaffold student writing, conduct formative assessment, revise and or extend student thinking
SOLO Taxonomy - a model of learning.
- prestructural outcome – the learner has no relevant ideas on the hexagons
- unistructural outcome – the learner has one relevant idea on a hexagon – surface thinking
- multistructural outcome – the learner has many relevant ideas on the hexagons – surface thinking
- relational outcome – the learner has linked or related ideas on the hexagons – deep thinking
- extended abstract outcome – the learner has extended ideas about the clusters of hexagons – big picture conceptual thinking
You asked, I’ve delivered! You can now create multiple text and image hexagons with ease using the improved hexagons creator.
Type in or paste in a text list to create multiple hexagons in one tap, 1 line = 1 hexagon.
Select multiple images and add them to the creator in one go. No more having to add them one by one!
Also minor bug fixes and improvements including:
– Prevented accidental back button presses from the hexagons screen.
– Improved support for new iPads.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hook Education Ltd
- 30.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Hook Education Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.