Use logic to figure out how much each shape must weigh for the mobile to balance! These mobiles will appeal to puzzlers ages 6 to adult. Added bonus: Solving these puzzles is a fun way to learn to solve equations in a visual and interactive way!
• 200 built-in puzzles
• 3 levels: Explorer, Puzzler, and Master
• Earn achievement badges for exploring features like making equations
• Create your own mobile puzzles and share them with friends or the SolveMe Community
• Challenge your friends, solve your friends' puzzles, and "like" your favorite puzzles
These puzzles were inspired by the research and development of both Think Math!, a comprehensive K-5 curriculum, and Transition to Algebra, a full-year algebra curriculum. Both use puzzles and mental models to help students build computational skill, reason logically, and develop the habits of mind that underlie the Common Core State Standards for Mathematical Practice.
Well-crafted mathematical puzzles are worthy of classroom time because they:
• are genuine problems
• support number sense
• encourage logical reasoning
• help students develop strategy in problem solving
• are fun and engaging
• encourage perseverance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent learning (and creation) app for solving equations
As a high school math teacher, I've had success using these with students to help them develop the intuition behind solving equations using subtraction, division, and substitution. Students can also create their own math mobiles with the app.
Awesome app. Fun puzzles to play, but when I figured out I was actually doing real math too...so cool.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.