Body position can be important to sleeping well, especially if you snore, or if some positions tend to give you back or neck pain. The SomnoPose sleep position monitor can help you manage your sleep position.
SomnoPose is designed to run all night, while you wear your iPhone or iPod touch. It continually monitors the device's orientation, and provides an all-night chart of sleep position, along with a summary that shows how much time you've spent in each general position. An optional alarm can be used to help avoid undesired positions.
WHAT IT DOES:
- Continually monitors accelerometer data to determine your body position.
- Shows how much time you've spent facing left, right, up and down.
- Provides charts showing position data for entire nights.
- An alarm can alert you when you're in a position you've chosen to avoid.
- Shows built-in help content.
WHAT IT DOESN'T DO:
- Does not transfer information from your device unless you explicitly export data. You control where your data goes.
- Does not need a network connection (except if and when you export data)
- Does not have in-app advertising, in-app purchases, or subscription fees.
- Scrolling chart on the main screen shows real-time position data.
- Screens have dark backgrounds, suitable for use in low-light conditions.
- Alarm volume can increase gradually to avoid jarring users (or partners).
- Audio from another app can be played in the background.
- Alarms and statistics are automatically paused while you sit up or stand up.
- The angles for determining body positions are adjustable.
- Chart images can be saved as photos, printed, sent to other apps, or exported.
- Collected position data can be exported via email, messages, or other apps (as a CSV attachment).
- Controls can be "shielded" to prevent accidental changes.
- Uses the iPhone proximity sensor to shut off the screen during the night, saving battery power.
* To use SomnoPose to monitor your sleep position, you will need to wear your iPhone or iPod touch in a stable, forward-facing position while you sleep. The internal help and the SomnoPose website help pages describe several ways of wearing your device.
* SomnoPose is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease. Its purpose is to monitor and record information about body position.
- Full support for sleep positions facing left, right, up and down
- Device can be worn in either portrait or landscape orientations
- Watch app to monitor and control the operation of SomnoPose
- The SomnoGuide help facility provides information about features throughout the app
- More options for exporting or printing data and charts
- Faster startup and reduced memory demand for users with large collections of data
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Apnea is worst when sleeping on your back.
This app trained me in only a few nights to sleep on my side. My CPAP sleep score became 99 out of 100 as a result.
Really great idea. Position monitoring devices cost about $400. This app does the job.
Must leave somnopose as top program. Don't lock the iPhone. (don’t push side button when operating the app). And cover the proximity sensor (barely visible round dot next to iPhone receiver).
The app allowed was export now so I’m able to compare positions with Apnea data.
Great for avoiding sleeping on your back if you have apnea.
No Apple Watch compatibility that I can tell
Very disappointed that I paid for this app. I can not in any way interact with the app on my Apple Watch. Watch does not even see the app. I bought this app under the impression that you could wear the watch as the position monitor and receive the undesirable position alarms on watch. So far as I can tell this is not the case!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.