SongWriter HD is a simple, yet powerful solution for songwriting on the go. Recording your ideas and writing your lyrics and chords has never been so convenient.
(Now also available on Mac AppStore)
● Write your lyrics for each section of your song (ie. verse, chorus).
● Record audio for each section separately.
● Use the 'Chord Picker' to easily insert chords.
● Chords display above the lyrics when in display mode.
● Add guitar tablature.
● View Chord Diagrams - over 1000 chords included for guitar, bass, ukulele and banjo, plus you can add your own.
● Nashville Numbering System support.
● Search for rhymes or synonyms to help find inspiration. (Highlight the word you wish to find a rhyme/synonym for, only highlight the word with no space before or after the word, then touch Rhymes or Synonyms from the menu that appears.)
● Email your songs, with options to send PDF's, Songwriter Files, or MySongbook Files.
● Optional 'Passcode Lock' to protect your ideas from prying eyes.
● Backup/Restore powered by Dropbox.
If you have any suggestions of how Songwriter can be made even better, we would love to hear your ideas. Please visit www.simonsapps.com to get in touch.
Upgraded for iOS 11
Added search feature.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Too Bad...It was a great product
This application was a great product and should be profitable for the current owners of the software. I wonder if the competition bought Simon out and then dumped it. I'm frustrated that I blindly bought the "HD" full version thinking everything would work and then after some investigation it appears it's about to be rendered incompatible with the next iOS upgrade. I can't afford to put any more writing into it now. I care less about the 10 bucks lost than about the loss of a great product that was filling a need. Come on, Simon...try again!
Do not buy
The app has been updated to “work” with iOS 11. Yes, technically, it runs. That’s about it. The text input is incredibly glitchy, the chord insertion feature doesn’t work, and adding sections to songs does nothing. It also looks like a lot of the import/export/backup features no longer exist. Dropbox sync is still there, but it’s using the old Dropbox API that is going to be disabled soon. Basically, it’s dead.
I've toured the App Store in search of a songwriting tool that would let me *write*. This does that exactly. The ability to logically structure and quickly reorganize a song is hugely useful, and the chord chooser lets me get a progression from my head to the page quickly. And because the app handles chord rendering, I don't have to waste time trying to space things out properly.
Exactly what I'm looking for
As a working musician covering music of all types this app gets exactly what I'm looking for done. I'm using it not only to write but also to store cover lyrics to view on stage during performance. The page scrolling function is a huge plus. I don't think it was even mentioned in the description. Very easy to use so far. I think I'll have a lot of fun with this particular app. In the past I've used three different applications to get songwriting ideas down. This one app does it all.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.