Song Rhythm Tracks (c) are studio-ready, musician’s rhythm tracks arranged for your songs. Select, download and play 20 tracks using this App.
Composed entirely of a rhythmic backing and arranged for a song's musical form, there's no better way to receive quality audio, bespoke rhythmic backing - Easily and Quickly. This drumming is alive and it's so easy to select and play.
No need to sequence drum loops and all that time-consuming programming! Simply select your song's rhythm and form, press 'save' and you receive a top-quality audio, bespoke rhythmic backing track. Add it to your set list, for practice or performance. Share your song selections, and others’, from within the app.
Whether you are a new, intermediate or experienced musician you will love using this App. It great for learning new tunes, jamming, gigging and cutting a release.
Finest Quality Audio Backing - These audio tracks are sequenced from the very best high-quality audio of real artist interpretations. They have been recorded and mastered at multiple tempos and the arrangements take into account song sections, bridges, middle choruses, introductions, and endings. The drumming keeps the energy flowing as it spells all this out from the introduction to the ending.
Alive Drumming currently supports over 60 different categories, including over 250 distinct rhythms. Of these, most are available with alternate instrumentation and many at multiple tempos, in all providing over 3,700 different renderings.
Here is a small sample of the styles represented:
Jazz, swing, straight 8th, modern, sophisticated, old-time
American Country styles, including Nashville
American Blues, shuffles, hard shuffles, old-time, slow, fast
Salsa, Samba, Rumba, mambo, tango, salsa, samba, rumba, merengue, bolero, bomba
Bossa, Jazz Bossa Brushes, Latin Bossa with bongos & percussion
Techno, various forms
Rock, hard rock, heavy, metal Pop, straight 8th, straight 16th, slow, medium, fast
jazz, country, folk, latin, rock, pop,
smooth jazz, soul, reggae, Celtic, Bossa, waltz, cha-cha, hip-hop, disco, fusion, funk, praise, techno, march, polka,
- Complete tracks with count-in, introduction section, multiple choruses and characteristic endings
- Simple, fast selection of a song's form - no learning arranging or sequencing
- User-defined song form option allows you to select backing for any song
- Song sharing facility making song selection even easier
- Musician's Player with precise tempo control, large buttons, displaying the musical form and rhythm, and section-wise progress tracking
- Multiple Setlists facility providing reordering of tracks and playing entire setlist with configurable inter-track delay.
- The App comes with an allocation of 20 of your tracks to download and top ups available via In-App purchases.
Step by step written instruction available at
Video instruction on using is available at
Alive Drumming is dedicated to bringing the very best rhythmic backing to the world, in it’s most convenient and inspiring form. We strive to cover rhythms for all genres of popular music, from jazz, country, folk, latin, rock, pop and eventually including everything else. We aim to serve every continent, nation, and culture. If your style of music isn’t represented, and you’d like it to be and you play the drums or percussion, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Song Form - For rhythmic backing, we consider a song’s musical “form” to be simply the sequence of sections that are performed, each identified by its length in bars and whether or not it’s a ‘bridge’. Don’t be concerned if that appears complicated. It isn’t; you will get the idea very quickly."
Panda Release - 3.0 - The User-Requests Release
This release includes features requested by the community -
- SetList Sharing - Share your setlists in a similar way to sharing tracks
- Search for SetLists - Download an entire album of tracks shared by others. Very handy for your rehearsals.
- All samplers now can be downloaded as setlists. Simply perform a setlist search for any of these names, "Afro-Cuban Salsa", "Jazz and Blues", and "Classic Country Music". You receive all the track definitions (in the "deferred" state) and you can choose at any time to download any of the tracks.
- Reworked Search - More stable + Allows for more functions during a search, such as duplication + Auto-browse to last track accessed at the conclusion of the search.
- Introducing Holds and Pushes - add holds and pushes to your arrangements. Accessible via the user-defined arrangements page.
- Stability improvements.
- Guides updated - in all supported languages
- Your arrangements, in your language, designed for your device.
- Free Audio samples available on our website and YouTube http://alive-drumming.org/sample-audio-files/
Alive Drumming Continues To Innovate
This is a significant release for Song Rhythm Tracks, bringing much more functionality and more stability. Search has really matured allowing for track duplication during search and, on search completion, auto-browse to last track accessed. These two features really assist those with large collections of tracks in a very common use-case — searching for a song by name, playing it, and then deciding to create a duplicate and edit the duplicate for an alternative arrangement.
Drumming Holds — or breaks — is where the drumming stops for a bar. It adds drama to a drum arrangement and some songs have very characteristic breaks — “Song For My Father” and “I Get A Kick Out of You” come to mind. It’s now possible to add these holds to your arrangements as part of a user-defined arrangement. The screen-shot shows three holds added to an arrangement of “Song For My Father” providing the characteristic holds for this song. These bars will start with a drum hit and hold off playing until the next bar is started. They will do that at the selected bars, 6, 14, and 22, for each chorus of the song.
Pushes is where an extra drum hit is added, slightly earlier than expected, to push along the rhythm. Their selection works in a similar manner to holds. Select the location and press the pink “+” button to add it to the table. Entries may be removed from the table by swiping left. The selected location will receive an extra drum hit, an 8th-note early to push the rhythm along. The location of pushes may use bar-numbers, in the same way as holds, but also beat numbers and sub-divisions.
Setlist Sharing Facilities
A great new feature for the Giant Panda, also requested by users, is the Setlist Sharing Facilities. They work in a similar manner to track sharing. Users may share their setlists by name by pressing the share button once a setlist list name has been entered. This is accessible on the setlist configuration page, which is where you name setlists. Once shared, that setlist can be searched for and retrieved by any Song Rhythm Tracks user, and when found the setlist gets populated with all the tracks in the shared setlist. Again, it is the name of the setlist that is the key to both sharing and searching for setlists, and this name must be an exact match (other than upper and lower case). The tracks are populated into your device’s setlist in the ‘deferred’ state, meaning that the definition of the track is complete but it has not yet been requested for download. The track-lists of all the existing ‘Sampler’ iOS apps have been shared as setlists making it so convenient to retrieve a list and then select the particular track you wish to download.
- ePatterns Pty Ltd
- 168.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Alive Drumming
- In-App Purchases
- 100-Track Bundle $12.99
- 20-Track Bundle $5.99
- Single Track Bundle $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.