SongSketcha is a songwriters work pad specifically designed for sketching out your song ideas as they come to you. It’s quick, easy to use and is loaded with features. SongSketcha also has a unique feature, which enables you to fly your chords into place onto dedicated dots above your lyrics with a simple touch. Once you choose your key, a chord palette pops up loaded with the most common chords in that key and are at the ready to place above your lyrics. You can add more chords to the palette from the onboard library or make your own, in any key and on any fret. Record your many audio ideas onto the Mic as the page scrolls up before you with 4 different speed settings and the scrolling can even be delayed up to 30 seconds to allow you to play your introduction.
Other Features Include:
• A Quick Onboard tutorial video to get you up to speed fast.
• An onboard Key Picker to choose your key.
• A capo position reminder.
• Handwritten font choices for that songbook feel
• A font size slider.
• The choice of two page sizes for more or less dots.
• A Bar line option to separate each line of dots into bars.
• Drag and Drop to rearrange your chords on the palette.
• Hiding your dots after editing to give a clean look to your page.
• Naming your chords anything you like if you’re not sure of their real name.
• Fret diagrams attached to each chord so you can check the fingering with a simple touch.
• A Quick Mic shortcut with a massive button to get to the Mic fast when you’re out and about.
• A “Lyrics Only” option to hide your chords to just work on lyrics.
• A notes page for recording thoughts and ideas about the song.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like it but!
I love the placement idea for chords with dots that great! However I need to be able to
Print (air) when I have completed a song. Import export ability to other devices please!!!! Delete from folder. Add these things it will be 5 stars easy! 3 stars right now but looking forward to updates!! Make them fast & I will share with many songwriter friends!! Love your overall layout!
Lots of potential
This is exactly the kind of app I've been looking for. It makes it super easy to make a chord chart for song.
Some of the things I think would make it even better:
- iCloud support: let me save my songs in iCloud and access them from other devices
- chord/root note: the ability to specify the bass note being played under a chord
- ios 8 UI: a UI consistent with the look is ios 8 apps would be welcome
Great for sketches
Have not tried record feature. Or make your own chord.
You pick the key it gives you chords that will sound good
Great at pairing chords with your lyrics.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.