Time travel to save the world in SEGA's highly acclaimed Sonic platformer that introduced Amy Rose and Metal Sonic!
Past, present, and future collide as Sonic battles to rescue Amy Rose and recover the seven Time Stones! Travel through time to defeat Dr. Eggman and his fiendish creation, Metal Sonic.
Sonic CD is part of the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile!
- Collect all seven Time Stones to defeat Dr. Eggman and save Amy Rose
- Time travel between the past, present, and future versions of each level
- Use Sonic's spin dash and super peel out moves to zoom around stages
- Clear the game to unlock Miles "Tails" Prower
- Sonic CD now features both the US and Japanese soundtracks!
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- DOWNLOAD THEM ALL
- (9/10) IGN: "This is a great, fully featured port for iOS
- (5/5) Touch Arcade: "Sonic CD is incredible"
- (4.5/5) 148 Apps: "looks and runs perfectly"
- "Nothing could be simpler to pick up and play." [92%] - Steve White, Mega Action (December 1993)
- "Sonic CD is cracking video entertainment of the highest order." [91%] - Tim Tucker, SEGA Zone #13 (November 1993)
"Any fan of Sonic will want to get their hands on this immediately." [90%] - Mark Hill, SEGA Pro #25 (November 1993)
“The most amazing Sonic adventure to date.” [90%] - Vincent Low, Sonic the Comic #15 (11th December 1993)
"An excellent platform game with an ingenious game structure." [89%] - Paul Mellerick, MEGA #13 (October 1993)
"Sonic CD is the Hog's best outing yet." [88%] - SEGA Power #48 (November 1993)
"Sonic CD is the best advertisement for Mega CD yet." [87%] - Andy Martin, Mega Drive Advanced Gaming #16 (December 1993)
"Sonic CD is an absolute must for Mega CD owners." [87%] - Julian Rignall, SEGA Magazine #1 (January 1994)
"Once again SEGA have come up trumps with another great foray into the world of the spiky, blue megastar." [85%] - Mark Smith, SEGA Force Mega #6 (December 1993)
"Gameplay's as slick as you'd expect of a Sonic game; the same goes for the graphics." [85%] - Warren Lapworth, Mega Machines #1 (December 1993)
- Sonic CD was the first game to feature Sonic speaking - leave Sonic standing still for three minutes to hear him!
- The original release of Sonic CD featured a secret spooky message screen that would greet data pirates
- Sonic CD features two endings, and was the first in the series to feature full motion video cut scenes.
- European and Japanese versions of the game featured different music to its American counterpart
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Sonic CD first released in Japan on September 23, 1993
- Sonic CD was the SEGA CD's best-selling game of all time at 1.5 million copies
- The first Sonic game to feature CD-quality Red Book audio
- Remastered in 2011 by Christian Whitehead, the man behind Sonic Mania
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC CD, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Those bugs were just too slow for Sonic. They've been squished and the game is even smoother.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We love rediscovering hedgehog history with this enhanced edition of one of Sonic’s greatest adventures. This game sizzles with all the sprawling levels and blazing speed you remember from the ’90s, but this classic platformer is better than ever on the App Store. With crisp widescreen graphics, tight controls, and awesome extra content, it’s just a blast.
Severe Graphical Issues + ADs
This game is seriously broken on my iPhone X. Some sprites aren’t completely transparent and have white boxes around them. Even worse, when I start to play the game, it’ll last about 10 seconds before the graphics go completely haywire and turn into flashing and rotating triangles. It’s so broken it almost seems fake, like it was done on purpose. These triangles aren’t just limited to a couple of sprites... no, the entire screen starts randomly convulsing with colors to the point where you can’t tell what’s going on and it’s completely unplayable.
Another issue: I purchased this game full price when it was first released. So there shouldn’t be ads every time I play it. There shouldn’t be a Sonic 4 Ep II ad whenever I start it up, and there shouldn’t be a Sonic Forces logo that pops up in the top left inexplicably after the menu animation.
The ads I could live with, but it’s the graphics issues that really make this a one star rating. The flashing triangles make it so you can’t even see the game, and there’s even another issue where the menu elements don’t space out correctly, so the act # ends up mashed in with the zone name which is already mashed into itself due to some other glitch. All in all, the serious bugs need to be fixed in order for me to recommend this game. In its current state, I’d skip it.
Pretty good game
What a good majority of these kids don’t realize that this game was originally released on the sega cd back in 1993 which is where this remake originated from. And to answer a few questions: 1: To get tails beat the game for the first time and then start a new game as him ( He does not have cutscenes like sonic does and his ending does not change). 2: They won’t remove the metal sonic fight or add new zones because the creators of this remake want it to be as close to the original game as possible 3: To unlock all the secrets like D.A. Garden and etc go look at a different review also from what I know I think you will need to be signed into Game Center to get those secrets. And yes I understand the concerns with the ads but that does not apply to my because I just don’t lets ads ruin my experience with the game. Also don’t listen to some of the 1 star reviews if you want because a good majority of them are just 9 year olds saying and I quote “WoRsT SoNIc GAme EVAR” And yes that is how they spell ever. And I should have said this earlier but Tails is free of charge you don’t have to pay to unlock him. Also if you like the game have fun then.
- Sega America
- 265.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC CD are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.