One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
"Without doubt, it's SEGA's best game ever." [96%] - Stuart Clarke, Mega Zone #25 (December 1992)
"Faster, slicker, more colourful, louder, bigger, and much, much tougher than the original." [96%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines SEGA #2 (November 1992)
"Packs a ton more punch than Bluey's first outing." [94%] - Paul Anglin, Computer & Video Games #132 (November 1992)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA CORPORATION or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Sega Forever is Denuvo for iOS
The classic Sonic series was probably one of the first sets of games I've played, and they're probably why I love retro games. The Christian Whitehead ports for iOS are wonderful, and I'm glad to have the old Sonic games on my iPad. I hate it, however, when Sega adds unnecessary garbage like Sega Forever to their games. The mobile port of Sonic 2 was just as great as the original with controls if not better. Since that Sega Forever update, the controls just broke. The d-pad would have a delay of 1-5 seconds before either changing directions or resetting when I let go. The jump button no longer works half of the time, forcing me to die over and over. Even the momentum came off as a bit broken. This makes the whole game nearly unplayable. Nobody likes losing control in a game, and neither do I. The ad issue was moot to me because I paid three dollars before the garbage Sega Forever update. This is why you don't let Sega mess with Classic Sonic. I'm not willing to buy another one of your ports or games unless I know for a FACT that someone more responsible is behind the controls. Get rid of the update! Go back to when it was run by Chris Whitehead. Only then will I put 5 stars, you money-hungry, thick headed, fools.
Sonic 2 original vs sonic 2 remake
1: The original sonic 2 special stages were just kinda 3D but you couldn’t see what was in front of you until I came very close to you and you had little to no reaction time but the sonic two remake special stages are real 3D and do you have lots of reaction time and can actually get chaos emeralds. 2: The original Sonic 2 does not have a save feature in the remake of Sonic 2 you have a save feature and you can play with no save and the save feature saves your chaos emeralds and it saves by act 3: in the original Sonic 2 hidden palace sound was scraped and the only way you could access it was by a cheat device in the Sonic 2 remake you can get to hidden palace zone by falling in to the infamous death hole i’ll give you a clue what the Hidden palace zone boss is 🎺 4:The characters you can play as are sonic and tails or just sonic of you are in sky chase zone wing fortress zone & death egg zone oh for her knuckles if you lock on sonic 2 mobile on with sonic and knuckles but in the sonic 2 remake you can play as just sonic in the entire game or sonic and tails or just tails or knuckles or knuckles and tails 5: in The original sonic 2 You could only play with the Sega Genesis controller in the Sonic 2 remake you can play with touch controls or a wireless controller
Just what the world needs.
One year after the world saw the birth of an international icon, the fastest thing alive is back at it again with a new round of ways to end the plot of Dr. Robotnik. Sonic finally encounters one who has super speed just like him, but much more smarts and much less wits than Sonic. Sonic and Tails subsequently become the best known alliance in fiction that possibly is more popular than Mario and Luigi.
Let me get my biggest point out of the way. Casino Night Zone? That is a way to treat and get rid of a gambling addiction. It is one of my favorite zones in the existence of Sonic the Hedgehog. Only in this port is the zone improved. Also, Sega is quite cunning to have Knuckles as an available character, deeming it impossible to beat Robotnik in space due to the shortened height of Knuckles' jumps. In reality, it is easy to beat Robotnik as Knuckles. Quite a tricky move by Sega there. This game is just the start of a brand new day for the blue blue. The day has yet to end. There is nothing that needs tone brought to the attention of Sega about this app besides the fact everyone did a phenomenal job making this port.
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 was cool, but Sonic the Hedgehog 2 leaves fire in its footsteps. Play the game!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sega America
- 157.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
- Game Controller
- Recommended The developer, SEGA, designed this game to be played with a controller for the best experience.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA CORPORATION or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.