Sonocord produces audio sonograms specifically aimed at birders. You can also record short tracks and import tracks for production of sonograms.
- Use audio sonograms of bird calls and songs to help identify birds
- Produce an audio sonogram for audio tracks up to 10 seconds in length
- Record new tracks up to 10 seconds long, including a 2 second pre-record arm feature
- Import short audio tracks to be displayed as a sonogram
- Simple edit of both recorded and imported audio tracks by trimming tracks.
- Storage of multiple tracks for sonogram display, playing and editing.
- Play both recorded and imported audio tracks
Written with bird call and bird song identification using sonograms in mind, this app is useful both in the field and at home for displaying audio sonograms.
The app can also be used to visualize any short audio tracks with a sonogram.
As tracks are recorded they are timestamped and a geographic location is marked where location services are available. The location can be viewed on a map from within the app.
Arm feature allows pre-recording of 2 seconds prior to when the recording button is pressed.
Both recorded and imported tracks can be trimmed to remove unwanted parts of the track.
Recordings of up to 10 seconds can be made, edited, played and sonogram displayed.
Sonograms can be zoomed, and the contrast enhanced within the app.
Sonograms can be saved to Photos for later retrieval.
Tracks can be played from both sonogram and track review screens.
There are within-app help pages describing each screen.
-ability to play track audio from within tracks listing
-improved data layout in sonogram view
-device idle timeout disabled when in 'Arm' recording mode
-updated for iOS9
-fixed crash when selecting track which occurred in some cases
-fixed VU meter pinning on first run
Ratings and Reviews
Locks up iPhone X
App locks up iPhone X. Restart required to exit app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.