SonoPad is the first full fledged third party alternative Sonos remote control available for your iPad.
Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/QkGSuzPP9dk
Also don't miss my new App "SonoPhone" for iPhone!
Read below about
- a new intuitive and elegant User Interface
- integrated browser for fast information retrieval
- less taps for common tasks
- and current limitions (don't skip them ;) )
or come over to my homepage www.sonopad.com with much more information and screenshots available.
This application is not endorsed by or associated with Sonos, Inc. (which is why it is not free)
◆◆◆ a new intuitiv and elegant user interface ◆◆◆
- SonoPad focusses on the main tasks in its user interface, making it less cluttered and easier to find your way around
- don't hide your covers in a small area, SonoPad give big room to show show your gorgeous covers all the time
- drag and drop zone management
- a classic dark theme for all those who can't stand blue anymore
- volume + progress popups: when changing volume or progress of a song, you get popups telling you the actual values. Stop guessing your desired values today!
- screensaver mode
◆◆◆ integrated browser for fast information retrieval ◆◆◆
- SonoPad knows what you are playing, the web knows even more
- pregenerated links and searches based on your playlist: you are just a tap away from Wikipedia, Lyrics search, Tourdates Search, Last.FM, YouTube, AllMusic, MusicBrainz and many more.
◆◆◆ less taps for common tasks ◆◆◆
SonoPad tries to optimize most often used tasks to have the least taps needed. In the end you are able to navigate and control your players much more fluently.
- Touch To Play: are you sick of always beeing asked what to do when you tap a track or album? SonoPads default is to just start to play. A long press still gives you access to all options - you can also change the tap default on the settings screen. Want to build a playlist fast? Just set the default to 'always add to end' and off you go ...
- tap an album cover image and the whole album starts to play immediately
- aggregated search: search results are collapsed into one view, so you see immediately in what category you have the best results, without switching back and forth
- shortcuts to most used functions: on the bottom bar you have shortcut buttons for artist, albums, radio and musicservices. The Radios menu is rearranged so you are only two taps away from your radio favorites from any place.
- you can control the volume of every player directly from the players popup. No need to switch players anymore.
◆◆◆ Limitations ◆◆◆
- all music services except Google Music are supported
- No portrait mode on the main screen yet.
- No playing of music stored on iPad yet
- No options to set alarms or sleep settings
- No support for discontinued WD100 dock
◆◆◆ Other stuff ◆◆◆
- you can start SonoPad with the 'sonopad://' URL from other remote Apps. Its also possible to hand over a return URL and a default player to be selected. Read more about it on my blog!
- SonoPad shows artist names when browsing compilations
- Sonos is registered trademark of Sonos, Inc.
- fixes backwards compatibility with iPad2 and iOS8
As always: If anything is not working as you expect don't hesitate to contact email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Saved My System
Sonos obsoleted all the hardware I use. They just stopped supporting it without warning. I would have to have replaced four devices. Also, every time the force their dysfunctional updates it crashes my system, and I have to reconfigure it from scratch. With this app, all my hardware works again, and I am free of the clutches of Sonos! It is also a much cleaner and faster app than the Sonos controller, and works great!
High hopes-but a no go
Was exited to find an app that would work (the app from Sonos is a joke). But, this app is not a good as it sounds. It’s not intuitive. It doesn’t find playlists like it should. When it does and loads them, it doesn’t play anything even though you click the play button. It’s weird the way it does load playlists, then has to load them again in the play list-play side. The really stupid thing is, when I open the native Sonos App and got it to play (finally), THEN this app turned right around and was playing the same play lists. If I turned playlist off in this app, it auctioned on the native app. Just kluge. And while the developer is nice, there is simply ZERO help files out there. So now, I have paid for an app that isn’t working and difficult to use and a native Sonos App that is a joke and doesn’t work correctly at all. Which means, my Sonos system is now all junk to store in the garage. This is infuriating. I would not buy this again.
Developer Response ,
you wrote me via support and together we found out that you were trying to play music directly from your iPad - which is not supported by this App (as written in the description).
I offered you a refund, because noone should pay for an App or system that is of no use to him. You never responded to this, instead it looks like that you use your AppStore comment to express your dissatisfaction with Sonos as a whole system.
The AppStore description links to a YouTube video by the way, which shows you all available features and how they work. As everything else should be self explanatory there is indeed no further documentation (besides the websites which also contains some blog posts about some special advanced features).
My 2013 ipad mini is my remote, but the 'real' Sonos app no longer supports older devices. Sonopad isn't just a replacement, it is a significant improvement. Definitely worth a few bucks.
- Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 12.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Danish, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012 Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (HB)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.