Customize Sony headphones with a linkage function for this app to your liking.
Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls.
You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time.
• “Dashboard” for viewing and changing settings quickly
• Easy “Connection guide” for first time users
• "Ambient Sound Control" for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.*
• Customize the surround effect and equalizer function.*
• "Adaptive Sound Control" for changing ambient sound mode setting automatically by activity recognition.*
• Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app
• Additional features, updates and important news will be notified via notifications
(In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’)
* Limited to compatible devices.
Compatible Sony products:
Please visit the website below.
* Some features may not be supported by certain devices. Please visit the website below for details.
* Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
* Please make sure to update Sony | Headphones Connect to the latest version.
* Bluetooth® and its logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and their use by Sony Corporation is under license.
* Other system names, product names, and service names that appear in this app are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective development manufacturers. (TM) and ® are not indicated in the text.
• Added support for "VoiceOver"
• The waiting time required when connecting the app to your headphones is now shorter
• Adaptive Sound Control is now automatically launched*1*2
• It is now possible to select the time elapsed until the status switches to "Staying" from two different levels.*1
*1 Limited to compatible devices.
*2 Adaptive Sound Control must be set to "On."
Ratings and Reviews
Not as bad as ratings suggest
With a 1000XM2, I’ve had no big problems with the app. The interface is nice looking and easy to navigate, and I’ve encountered no crashing or bugs with the interface when it connects to my headphones.
However, I do have problems with the app failing to connect with my headphones all the time; sometimes it freezes on the connect screen, but restarting the app solves it 99% of the time. Although one time it didn’t connect even after a restart, turning the headphones off/on did solve this.
A problem I have with the app is that it has to connect every time you go go back to it, which is a 5 second process that is frustrating to sit through when you’re constantly going back to the app to adjust an EQ. This is slightly more frustrating when it not-uncommonly freezes on the connect screen and I have to restart the app. It would be great if the app stayed connected in the background for just a minute after you switch away from it.
The EQ function of the app is wonderful, but you are limited to six frequency sliders to adjust. If an update were to add more frequency sliders (maybe up to ten instead of six), it would make this app perfect.
READ THIS REVIEW
I think everybody else is overly critical of this app, IT IS NOT BAD. The interface to me is simple and looks nice. You don’t end up getting muddy sounds when you distort the music (e.g. to Concert Hall), however the music does sound less loud at the same volume you were just at when the music was undistorted. But there’s nothing horrible about these headphones or the app, it’s actually really cool (in my opinion) that they have an accompanying app to their headphones and allow you to make these awesome distortions. Anyways, don’t believe all the negative hype, AND even if some of those reviews are true, look at it like this: if you’re just now downloading the app, then you’re gonna get the most up-to-date version of this app, free of whatever bugs or glitches people complained about that are now fixed. So believe in Sony, they make a quality product.
FIXES TO THE PROBLEMS WITH THE APP
So here are the most common problems and the fixes.
**BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE APP: PAIR YOUR HEADPHONES TO YOUR PHONE**
PROBLEM: Headphones not connecting to the phone
FIX: Hold the power button for 7 SECONDS and the headphones will say “Bluetooth pairing” or something similar, and the blue light near the power button should flash too.
PROBLEM: You have connected/paired your headphones to your phone but the app does not show that the headphones are connected
FIX: Turn off Bluetooth (One if the first settings on the top of the page) on your phone and completely turn off your headphones( after pressing the power button twice, the headphones should say “power off”). After you have completed that, hold the power button on the headphones until they say “Bluetooth pairing,” the blue light near the power button should flash too. Then, turn on Bluetooth on your phone and make sure the headphones and the phone are sitting very close together. Repeat as necessary or when you want to use your headphones on a new device.
Thanks and hope this helps, because it did for me. These Sony headphones are also better than Beats By Dr. Dre or Bose’s comparable models, and I know this from experience because I have owned them.
- Sony Home Entertainment & Sound Products Inc.
- 123.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017, 2018, 2019 Sony Home Entertainment＆Sound Products Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.