Sophos Authenticator is a simple and intuitive application that provides multi-factor authentication on your mobile device. It generates both time-based and event-based one-time passwords (OTP) according to RFC 6238 and RFC 4226.
Once configured, 2-step authentication protects your account by requiring both your password and an additional code, thus adding an extra layer of security. The app will generate these codes for you in a convenient way, directly on your smartphone or tablet, without the need for Internet connection. Sophos Authenticator does not only operate with a Sophos account, but also with accounts from Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Github and all the other providers who implement authentication in this standardised way.
- Can generate both time-based (TOTP) and counter-based (HOTP) codes
- SHA-1, SHA-256 and SHA-512 hash algorithm supported
- Add an account easily by simply scanning a QR code with your device camera or by manual input
- Great flexibility: the time-step for TOTP accounts can be any number of seconds and is not limited to 30 seconds
- HOTP accounts can use any given initial counter and don't have to start from the beginning
- Generated codes can be 6 or 8 digits wide
- Your secret keys are stored in encrypted form on the app keychain
- No Internet/network connection needed, everything happens offline
- Accounts can be easily sorted in the list
- Copy any generated code to the clipboard by tapping on it
- Fix counter bug on smaller iPhones
Ratings and Reviews
Sophos makes excellent products
This app does exactly what it’s supposed to do without cloud sync and completely offline (a good thing).
Four stars because I’d like to see the ability to lock the app with a PIN.
I’ve used Sophos products for 10 years. Great stuff.
Pretty straightforward app. The improvements I would like to see: 1) Graphical countdown indicator. 2) Ability to group the digits for improved readability (e.g., ### ###). 3) Apple Watch, app as I’m often without my phone.
Great little app that works with other accounts (not just Sophos). However, I think the new v1.4.1 has introduced a small bug on phones with smaller screens (iPhone 5). The count down expiration timer to the right of the pin code has disappeared. I discovered if you rotate the phone into landscape mode it comes back so I think it is just pushed off the edge of the screen while viewing in portrait mode.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the valuable feedback! The next version will address this bug.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sophos GmbH
- 1.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 Sophos GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.