SOTA Goat is the all-in-one summit database and spotting application for participants of the Summits On The Air amateur radio program.
It was designed from the ground up as an invaluable tool for summit activators – as necessary as your transceiver and power supply! SOTA Goat provides all the tools to aid in planning and completing your activation.
Mountain Goats and Shack Sloths alike will appreciate the comprehensive summit database and search features, as well as the ability to view and share summit activations and signal reports over SOTAwatch.
This is a universal app that is available for all devices that support iOS 11+, including iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
OFFLINE SUMMIT DATABASE:
• Every summit in the SOTA database is available offline: search, browse, and view a map
• Download updates to the database to get the latest new associations
• Star your favorite summits for easy access
• Export summits to KML and GPX files for use in other applications or GPS devices
SOTAWATCH3 SPOTS AND ALERTS:
• View, add, and modify spots and alerts from SOTAwatch3
• Enable push notifications to be alerted of every new activation. Granular filtering ensures you only see the alerts you desire
• Reach the summit with an integrated compass that lets you know when you're within the activation zone.
With the help of SOTA Goat, you're on your way to become a Shack Sloth or a Mountain Goat in no time!
Improved SOTAWatch error messages when submitting spots and alerts
Ratings and Reviews
Works out of coverage
I use the app to determine when I'm in the Activation zone and I take a screenshot. Sometimes on a peak I forget it's designator; I consult the app. The peak compass and the remaining distance read outs help me avoid false summits. These features work when you're out of cell phone data coverage, because of the downloaded database. Well worth the price. Thank you!
Just a couple of minor tweaks away from being the perfect SOTA companion
Love the app and use it for every SOTA. Two complaints:
1. The band selector scroll wheel on the Spots screen is terrible on my iPhone 12. I can't see what band is selected because the lower window covers up the scroll wheel. I have to use SOTA Watch to spot as a workaround.
2. I wish I could filter alerts and spots. I'm only FM for now, so the long list of foreign and HF alerts and spots is just clutter for me.
Awesome app. Keep the updates coming! 73
A great app that could be even greater…
…with 2 small additions:
1) Adding the ability to filter the list of spots and alerts, for instance by region or band.
2) When a user clicks on a spot or alert, including a map of the summit’s location on the spot or alert detail page, instead making the user click More Information, bouncing him or her to the summit’s SOTA profile, and making them click again to choose a map source.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rockwell Schrock
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Rockwell Schrock
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.