Do you ever grab a calculator & the back of an envelope to work through an idea or problem that involves some math?
This is what Soulver is for. You do the thinking, Soulver will do the number crunching for you.
With Soulver, you can work through your idea or problem line-by-line, using text and numbers together (just like you would on paper).
When Soulver sees something it can calculate, it will display the answer alongside your text.
You kinda have to try it to get it, but once you do, Soulver will become an invaluable part of your problem-solving toolkit.
Here is just some of the "day-to-day" calculating that Soulver can do for you:
– Everything you'd expect from a regular calculator, PLUS:
– Live currency conversions (185 supported currencies, including crypto-currencies)
– Instant sums, averages or counts of lists of numbers
– Percentage math using intuitive natural language functions
– Unit conversions (180+ supported units)
– Calendar math (dates, time intervals, clock time calculations)
– Time zone conversions
– Financial functions, like compound interest & mortgage repayments.
– Working with lap times (HH:MM:SS)
– Proportions, random numbers, rates, fractions, multipliers, & much more…
More advanced users use Soulver for building reusable & sharable sheets, taking advantage of:
– Multi-word variables (like "total cost = $750")
– Live references to previous lines (like spreadsheets)
– If/then/else statements
– Comments & headings for structure
– Variable auto-completing (just press escape)
– Export into many formats, including PDF & HTML
– Complete calculator customizability: add custom units, global variables, set custom styling (font & colors) & choose your answer formatting preferences
Soulver is deeply integrated into macOS & includes:
– Dark mode support
– A system wide Spotlight-like "QuickSoulver", with global hotkey and menu bar trigger
– Spotlight & QuickLook integration
– Quick operators via the Touch Bar
– A great accessibility experience, with full VoiceOver support
– System-wide "Calculate Anywhere" macOS text services
– URL schemes & deep linking to individual sheets
We offer a 30-day free trial with no limitations.
Let Soulver start doing the math for you today!
- Added rates for 6 additional popular cryptocurrencies: Solana (SOL), Avalanche (AVAX), Terra (LUNA), Polkadot (DOT), Polygon (MATIC) and Shiba Inu (SHIB)
- Improved Simplified Chinese localization (thanks Pluwen)
- Soulver's "Calculate Anywhere" services can process multiple lines of text
- The "Calculate & Copy/Replace" services can now sum a list of numbers
- Public holidays are now taken into account when doing workday calculations from Alfred or the CLI (thanks Arthur)
- Fixed a bug where workday calculations involving variables would not take public holidays into account (thanks Cameron)
- Fixed a bug where certain numbers could be incorrectly parsed in locales using space as the thousands separator (thanks Juha)
- Fixed a regression in the last update where scroll position was not being remembered when switching between sheets (thanks Daniel)
Ratings and Reviews
Great Tool, Great Support -
I'm not a math geek or a programmer so I was really taken with the simplicity and ease of use in Soulver 2 when I got it. I've been using Soulver 2 on my Mac, iPad and phone, for a few years and have been very satisfied. I was going to wait until the ios versions of 3 were ready because, really, I travel all the time so I may set up things on the Mac but I use them in all kinds of mibil application. I broke down and bought 3 because of the features and flexibility and, frankly, to help support this guy in his work and to encourage him to get to work on ios. What I found so far is that I can take advantage of a lot of the ease of use in 3 while brainstorming and then copy and paste a lot of what I do with little or no correction, editing ondreconstruction when I copy and paste it back to 2 so it will sync to my icloud. This app makes me smarter and it makes my life easier.
Where have you been all my life?
First off, thank you for the 30 day free trial of all the features. It was helpful to determine if this app is worth the investment. 2 weeks in to the trial and I am gladly paying for the full version. Every day I need to quickly determine the number of days/weeks/months from a specific date at work, and for years resigned to counting on a calendar because other apps were too cumbersome. Soulver 3 makes this super fast. This app is completely different in the way you can think through problems and not need formulas. As a fan of spreadsheets, I look forward to learning what else this powerful app can do.
Pleasant and obvious
This program is a joy to use. It is the kind of idea that seems obvious once you've seen it, but its ease of use belies an intense, intelligent effort in its construction. This tool makes absolute sense to me and the way I think - and I believe would help billions of others as well. It makes the steps in solving real issues clear and recorded, and has the brawn and flexibility to adapt to how you want to use it. Hats of to this fine app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Zac Cohan
- 19.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14.4 or later.
English, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021, Acqualia Software OÜ
- In-App Purchases
- 30-day free trial $0.00
- Soulver 3 for Mac $34.99
- Soulver Stocks $19.99
- Complementary Upgrade $0.00
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.