Soulver is a beautiful notepad calculator app that you will love. It has a new interface that is far more useful than a traditional style calculator, which lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense. Use it for quick calculations, calculations involving variables & percentages, unit conversions, and for thinking through problems that involve math.
WHY SOULVER IS BETTER THAN A TRADITIONAL CALCULATOR:
– Instant answers as you type.
– Spread your calculations over multiple lines, and edit mistakes if you make them.
– Reference previous answers by tapping on them. These are live references, like in a spreadsheet.
– Easy percentage calculations using natural phrases like "15% off $350”, or "$250 + 12% tax", or "40 as a % of 390".
– Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
– Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
– All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
– Save your calculations into documents.
Soulver is also available for macOS.
Bug fixes for a couple of rare crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love using it as worksheets!
I use this to organize worksheets for different problems, including a monthly cash flow worksheet. Every month I copy the dozens of lines labeled for various income flows and paste it into a new sheet. Then I enter in numbers as I go. It saves all my worksheets and scenarios in iCloud. Love having access on both my phones and iPads. I’m not saying this is better than a spreadsheet but I don’t use spreadsheets on my phone and this is just my go to iPhone tool for working out scenarios and making sure numbers add up.
A word of caution to users and fix request from developers
Soulver is a great application, but I found one major issue - tapping on the Delete for a second, will bring up a popup to clear the whole line, or Clear All. If pushed by mistake, there is no way to undo!!!
That's a serious flaw! Since it happened to me already a couple of times, and made me lose all calculations, that I had no backup to.
This is especially frustrating, especially after constructing very long formulas. Everything is gone in a blink of an eye!
Suggestions to fix this:
Either adding support to the native shake device to undo, or add a popup window, asking the user, to confirm, they intended to completely clear all calculations!
This issue been existing for the past few versions. Was hoping this would be discovered and fixed, but since it hasn't, I decided to let users and developers know of it.
And that's the reason I gave it 3 stars only, at this point.
Amazing app, get it!
Best app in my phone.
Request: swap arrows and delete/return. I keep pressing arrows when I mean to delete stuff. I don’t remember now if delete used to be at the top and it’s muscle memory.
Saw some reviews mentioning the icon. I have it next to my notes app on first screen. Ever since the icon changed to yellow (long time) I sometimes open notes when I mean to open Soulver and vice versa). I also agree the icon is a full disconnect to what the app is.
- Acqualia Software
- 9.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, Acqualia Software
- In-App Purchases
- Send a Bento Box $9.99
- Send a Bagel & Coffee $4.99
- Send a 3-course meal. $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.