Take notes with audio, then click a word to jump back to that point. Now with automated transcription.
SoundNote is the best way to take notes in meetings, lectures, and interviews. It tracks what you type and draw while recording audio, so you'll never worry about missing an important detail. During playback, just click a word: SoundNote will jump right to the proper time in the audio.
• Transcribe your recorded audio automatically with the macOS dictation engine. SoundNote will link each word with the correct time in the audio, making it easy to clean up the transcript.
• Use SoundNote's drawing tool for quick sketches. It's easy to edit them, too. Click a drawing to select it, or click twice to select an individual stroke. From there, you can drag it to wherever you want, or tap backspace to get rid of it.
• SoundNote is perfect for students. If you ever fall asleep in class, don't worry — SoundNote's got your back. Just tap what you wrote while you were awake, and SoundNote will play the audio to help you fill in the blanks.
• SoundNote is also great for journalists. Ever miss an important detail during an interview and have to skim through your entire recording to find out what it was? With SoundNote, just tap a word from that part of the interview — it'll play back what you missed.
• Record audio using SoundNote, or import existing audio (m4a) files.
• SoundNote is enhanced for macOS 11.0, and has full support for iCloud, Versions, Resume, and Retina Displays. It encodes audio using Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) for great quality and small file sizes.
* Adds automated transcription support using the macOS dictation engine.
* Adds the ability to import audio (m4a) files.
* Updated for macOS 11.
Ratings and Reviews
More problems than solutions
I'ved used SoundNote for years for recording interviews. Unfortunatley in the past 1-2 years it is extremely slow to type notes in, after about 10 minutes into a session, so I have to type notes elsewhere. And today I had an hour long interview and it suddenly malfunctioned at about 45 minutes and stopped recording, seemingly deleted the recording, and now only has 1 second worth of audio from the entire conversation. This is incredibly frustrating and disruptive. SoundNote will no longer be a tool I use for my work.
Useful for the first 10 minutes, then not so much...
I use this app to take copious notes when I’m having important meetings or interviewing people. The problem is after the first 10 minutes or so it starts getting really slow, and makes it hard to actually take good notes or get verbatim quotes. So I have to start opening multiple files/windows to keep going at a faster speed. I’m not happy with it, and I’m looking for other options.
I use this app in college to take notes during lectures. It's great to listen to a part of the lecture that I missed or didn't quite understand the first time. Great app. If you are a student who types up notes, use this!
Only suggestions are maybe to add text formatting, such as bulleted lists or highlighting.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Estes
- 4.6 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 David Estes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.