Source is the essential magazine for intelligent and independent discussion of contemporary photography. Each issue brings you the latest news, portfolios by emerging and established photographers, well researched feature articles, reviews of the most important exhibitions and books, and specialist columns offering deep analysis on various photography related subjects.
Published since 1992, Source is a quality quarterly magazine that provides readers with a critical discussion of photographic practice and an appreciation of the importance of photography in the wider culture.
Source 75, Summer 2013, is a special issue on Photography and Literature including articles on the photographically illustrated novel, photobiography and a comparison of the literary and photobook markets. New portfolios of photographs by Hannah Starkey, Joe Duggan and Dragana Jurisic. Along with reviews of self published photo books, photography books and key photography exhibitions.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Included Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Covering the history and current practice of art photography, Source gives the reader a fresh, independent view. Although the publication is based in Ireland, it has material of interest to photographers throughout the world. I do wish the search function covered all issues instead of one at a time. But the writing and photo reproductions are top notch. It’s a worthy competitor to Aperture, BJP, etc.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 12 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- SOURCE Magazine $28.99
- SOURCE Magazine $7.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.