Opinionated Sous Vide recommendations for chefs and home cooks alike! Tested, so you don’t have to. Now supporting remote control for ERME SV1, ERME SV3, ERME SV5, Anova Precision Cooker* (2014) and Anova Nano!
● Sous Vide time/temperature recommendations for ingredients such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, lamb, game, fish, egg, fruits and vegetables.
● Set your own timers: Heat up your waterbath, start, stop, rewind, get notified when your food is ready.
● Remote control ERME basins or the original Anova Precision Cooker* over Bluetooth.
“Sous Vide °Celsius packs in some of the features we wish Anova included” - The Sweethome
● More than 400 Sous Vide experiences tested by professional chefs.
● Temperature information in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
● Measurements in inches or cm.
● Step-by-step tutorials to get you started.
● Know-How section: Technical Sous Vide terms explained.
● Use personal notes to refine your own experiences.
Convinced that Sous Vide is the best cooking method since the discovery of fire? Then you probably own a circulator or a similar device. To start, a zip-bag, a cooking pot and a thermometer is all you need. Many Sous Vide recipes work without special equipment. But you will need good advice!
Sous Vide has been adopted in professional kitchens for producing precise and consistent results. The Sous Vide method produces perfectly cooked food with outstanding flavor. Its success in high-end cuisine changed the culinary world. With a few starting tips anyone can use this technique. Step-by-step tutorials and Sous Vide timers (mini-recipes with an alarm) help you along the way.
Ideas, suggestions or anything you would like to change? Contact us with your feedback on UserVoice!
The time for a piece of meat to reach a core temperature can be calculated. A formula using thermal diffusivity, thermal conductivity and surface heat transfer calculates the time such shapes as cylinders, cubes and steaks need to acquire a certain core temperature. Consider the PolyScience Toolbox App or Douglas Baldwin’s formulas for calculating pasteurization times.
But food is never an exact geometrical shape and waiting for an extra hour for a piece to reach an additional half a degree is impractical. Adjustments for speed and efficiency improve the Sous Vide experience. We have tested Sous Vide recommendations that work and tutorials that make the first steps easy - for professionals and home cooks alike!
Sous Vide - no other cooking method gives you so much control!
Don’t get the Anova Pro or the new Anova Precision Cooker (2019) as these devices are no longer equipped with Bluetooth!
- Support for Anova Nano!
- Content updates
- Optimized for iOS 14
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is what the Anova app should have been! It's so straightforward with the meat choice, then size, then doneness you would want. The other apps are specific recipes but this lets you customize your own to make the results you want. It costs less than a piece of meat you messed up by cooking it wrong!
First time user
Not exactly sure what happened but initially the timer worked but for some reason the app disconnected from my iPad and had to reset it. I’ll give it another try.
Update: I cannot live without my Anova! Bought one for my daughter and her boyfriend and they use it for their weekly meal prep. Love!
My meat comes just the way i like it rare and my husband likes well done . I could never get his done enough or it was too dry . He. Complements my cooking all the time he likes it much better now . I haven’t Dan vegetables yet but I’m sure they’ll turn out great too
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jonas Frei
- 17.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jonas Frei - Artisan Cuisinier, Stefan Pauwels
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.