Space Miner, the critically acclaimed space shooter where explosive space combat meets action-RPG.
• 91 / 100 - Metacritic
• "Incredibly good" - Gizmodo
• 5 / 5 - TouchArcade
• 5 / 5 - AppSpy
• 4 / 4 - Slide to Play
• Grade A - The Onion (A.V. Club)
Your uncle's space mining business is under threat from an Evil Corporation, and you're the only one who can save it! There are just two problems: your mining license doesn't allow you to mine very far, and your ship is a hunk of junk. Luckily, the solution to both problems is to head out into the galaxy and get mining!
Blast asteroids to find the valuable ore they contain. While the space rocks won't fight back, there are plenty of enemy ships that will. Use the money you get from mining to upgrade your ship in the way you want, allowing you to go farther and survive longer. Uncover special ship parts and maps to new galaxies where more riches await. Find amazing secrets and expand your mining operation as you enjoy the unfolding story. The universe awaits!
- Classic Arcade Action: Use your thrusters to move around the asteroid fields, blasting space rocks and enemies alike with your ship's weapons.
- Customize Your Ship: You worked hard for your money, so you get to decide how you're going to spend it. New lasers? A bigger cargo hold? Stronger shields? It's up to you!
- Uncover Advanced Technology: Get your hands on some cool permanent upgrades that persist between games... if you can find them!
- Blast the Enemies: Whether it's robot pirates looking to steal your ore or corporate goons trying to throw a wrench in your business, the best way to negotiate is with your ship's lasers!
- HardcORE Mode: Looking for the ultimate challenge? Try HardcORE mode, where your first death is also your final one. Things are a lot more tense when you have just one life to live!
***Supports MFi, XBox, and PlayStation Controllers***
Space Miner is one of the many fantastic games brought back to life by GameClub, fully updated to support the latest versions of iOS and newest devices.
Space Miner is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
While most updates contain numerous bug fixes or improvements to the overall GameClub experience, this update contains support for MFi, Xbox, and Playstation controllers. We really hope you enjoy it! Let’s play!
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing Game, Great Nostalgia
I played this game for the first time many years ago, during what you make call the “Do you have any games on your phone?” phase. I might not have realized it back then, but I now see the amazing game that these guys created. Depending on how you count, I have played though this game 3 or 4 times at this point, and have enjoyed it every time. Despite its simple nature, (shoot asteroids, shoot robots, upgrade, repeat), this game is consistent fun and always calls me back. With the update to platinum edition, the amazing original had been improved even more, with greater length, proper scaling on larger screens, (at least the iPhone SE size), and more robust performance. The story, while simple, is well written and contains humorous characters that can lead to some genuinely entertaining and funny interactions.
Simply put, despite its repetitive nature, this game is unending fun, well polished, and shows how developers can create and support truly great games without fancy graphics and constant advertisement. The best game on the App Store. Period.
Really very fun! Give it a try. You won’t be sorry.
I skipped this game a number of times in my search for good space games. Thought it might be to arcade style, and a kids game until I decided to give it a look. This little gem is easy to figure out. The developers use a lot of humor as your crazy uncle sends you out on various missions and to destroy space robots. And mine lots of ore to make money to save the family business. Mining isn’t tedious like most space games, plus this game has Lots of different missions from different sources other than mining. Controls are perfect, and the game is much deeper than it appears. All that money you make from mining actually can be used to upgrade your old clunker ship into something powerful, and new. Give it a try!
Great Game. Great Update
I first played this years ago on my 3GS. I remember it being good. I recently upgraded to a 7 plus and reinstalled this game. There was a massive upgrade since I played years ago and the campaign is now about a third longer. Roughly 4 hours on easy. There is also a new game+ mode and a few difficulty levels. And achievements (not just the Game Center kind). And a hilarious well written story. The list goes on.
Simply put, skip all the games with micro transactions or constant ads and play a real video game.
- GameClub Inc.
- 219.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Megaspace Industries LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GameClub Monthly Subscription $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.