Space Simulator is an ultra realistic 3D space flight simulation game running real physics in a full-scale Solar System with unrivaled rendering and graphics.
PLAY historic NASA missions of the Apollo Moon Program, Space Shuttle flights, Project Gemini, X-15 Hypersonic Plane and free flight missions to explore all planets and major moons of the Solar System.
LAUNCH from Kennedy Space Center, orbit the Earth and Moon, dock with ISS, perform Trans Lunar Injections, land on the Moon, practise rendezvous and return home with reentry and splashdown.
PLAN complex interplanetary orbits, operate flight computers, use onboard switches, instruments and displays, experience the full challenges of space flight and unleash the astronaut within!
• Interactive orbit planner to easily visualize, create and modify complex interplanetary orbits
• Spaceships have 3D cockpits with functional controls and instruments
• Custom mission editor to create hypothetical scenarios of past, present and future space programs
• Original audio footage on selected missions
• Step-by-step interactive tutorials of the Apollo Program lunar missions from launch to landing on the Moon to reentry. These tutorials take you through the same procedures, paths and events that led man to the Moon in July 1969.
• Uses aerodynamics models commonly used in most mainstream flight simulators
• Space Simulator uses real gravitational forces, distances and velocities based on a revolutionary physics engine especially created for this app running on the GPU.
• Ultra realistic rendering engine for the Earth and Moon with high resolution surfaces and atmosphere using a new metal-based graphics engine for unprecedented realism at maximum possible framerate
• The Apollo computers are emulated running actual code from the 1960s
• Configurable window-based UI allowing customization of the interface to suit your preferences
• Comprehensive configuration options to customize difficulty and gameplay according to your device capabilities
• Over 50 ready to fly missions
• BONUS content - review the game to unlock challenge missions!
Apollo 13 challenge missions: on the 3rd mission to land on the Moon, an oxygen tank explosion in the Service Module. The mission is aborted. Your challenge is return the crew safely back to Earth using only the Lunar Module.
Space Shuttle Return to Launch Site (RTLS): pilot the Shuttle back to base after solid rocket boosters are jettisoned.
Space Shuttle Transoceanic Abort Landing (TAL): after main engine cutoff, land the Shuttle at an alternative landing base.
• improved GUI - move, close and resize control windows more easily
• reentry procedure fixes, reentry autopilot mode improved
• Space Shuttle accelerometer mode fixes
• GUI showing current autopilot mode
• orbit predictor fixes
• improved Space Shuttle aerodynamics
• more detailed dock mfd
• improved custom missions panel with more config options. You can now launch from the KSC with any spacecraft at any time.
• user selectable max memory usage to clamp memory used for textures
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Plz keep improving
This sim is amazing, however, there are a lot of bugs that came with the new version update. I can't get any response from the developer, even on their website. All the cockpits are Apollo, plz fix this, the space shuttle interior should be more realistic and the actual authentic interiors. The LEM needs the overhead port window for docking, also it needs a docking target outside for docking with the CSM. The CSM needs the docking reticle for docking with the LEM. The thruster controls don't work properly since the update and makes docking very frustrating. The AGC codes are scarce and buggy. This sim is worth the effort, I've been playing it for years but the updates are slow. I wouldn't give 5 stars if I couldn't play the new missions without doing so, that's kinda shady to make it like that guys. Don't get me wrong here, I love this sim, that's why I'm being honest, plz help us out here!
The most realistic space aviation sim on the App Store!
I’ve had Space Simulator for well over 4 years now and I LOVE IT! It’s the closest thing there is on iOS to being an astronaut (minus the astrophysics and aviation knowedge!). It’s realism is phenomenal, especially the fully-functioning AGC.
The reason I gave it four stars is because an update needs to be released. For starters, there is no iPhone X and up support, meaning that you just have empty spots of black on the sides of the screen. Next is a big fix for the AGC. Entering certain commands will cause the app to crash (ie VERB 35 Enter is the command to test the DSKY lamps. Entering it on here causes the app to, well, crash). Lastly, while not an issue (for me, at least), there needs to be a more detailed menu as I’ve seen one star reviews of people saying the app does nothing but show you an orbiting Sputnik. Side-note: if you’re one of those people, just tap the little button in the top right corner to access the menu :)
All in all, it’s one of the most advanced sims available for iOS. If you’re interested in space (or you’re even studying/pursuing a career in the field), buy this app. You won’t regret it!
Space flight Simulator does to Space what Ms did to flying
Gives the average person a chance to be an astronaut.
Challenging, gives you a look at and some of the experience, knowledge and skills the original astronauts had to acquire to fly into space. This is a game that takes tenacity to be willing to learn orbital mechanics as well as learn the controls in the cockpits of the spacecraft.
Great Apollo and shuttle missions. What is really unique about this simulator is the X15 and Gemini missions. Would like to see more of those missions along with a more refined and a more functioning cockpit in both. To really round it off all you would need is to add the Mercury with both the red stone and atlas missions.
Keep improving and refining you have a real winner!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.