"Space Wyrm: 3D Snake" is like Snake, but 3D. And in Space. With Dragons.
The dragon part is admittedly largely up to your imagination. But the part where you fly through space is pretty right-on. It's like Snake crossed with a flight simulator, in space. Steer just by tilting your phone (or tablet)! Scoop up all the ambrosia you can, and grow and grow... until you run into yourself. The better you do, the harder it gets!
It's easy once you get the hang of it, but it can be hard at first. Check out the website for a tutorial video (which you can also find inside the app's Help screen).
Hold your device in landscape orientation, with the bottom pointing to the right. Tilt the device down 45°, and you should be oriented correctly. When you start the game, it will display cross-hairs with a dot over it. When the dot is in the center of the cross-hairs, your dragon will be aimed straight ahead.
To pitch up, tilt the device toward you. To pitch down, tilt the device down toward horizontal. Turning the device left or right like a steering wheel (the device's "roll"), or rotating the device on its "yaw" axis, will cause the dragon to turn in the indicated direction. Depending what Steering Mode is selected, you will or won't roll as you turn.
- Die on Impact: When learning, you may want to disable this option, so that you never die.
- Always-on-HUD: If on, the cross-hairs and dot show while you are playing the game (not just when paused).
- Play music/Play sound effects: Enable or disable game sounds.
- Steering: "Standard" rolls as it turns. Some people find this disorientating (i.e. nauseating), and prefer the "No Roll" mode of steering.
- Speed: You can go under 50 MPH without exploding.
- Steering sensitivity: The higher this value, the sharper your turns will be.
Lots of improvements in version 1.5, including:
- A Leaderboard!
- Smooth flight!
- More targets!
- Upgraded HUD!
- A Leaderboard (again)!
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite game!
Classic Snake or Caterpillar in a true 3 dimensional environment. Fly through space, eating stars and growing and growing. The airplane style controls utilizing the phone or tablets sensors is brilliant.
Push the way you want to go!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.