SpanishDict Spanish Translator 4+
Spanish learning made easy.
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Learn Spanish online or offline for free with SpanishDict, the leading Spanish-learning app trusted by millions. Translate anything between Spanish and English, look up the conjugations for every Spanish verb, and practice with our interactive quizzes, lessons, and drills. Watch thousands of pronunciation videos, browse millions of example sentences, and learn a new word each day with the Word of the Day.
- Learn Spanish: Learn Spanish from A to Z with hundreds of interactive video lessons covering introductory Spanish all the way through advanced grammar topics.
- Spanish-English Dictionary: Browse thousands of entries that include translations, examples, regionalisms, and context. Our English to Spanish and Spanish to English dictionary is lightning-fast, extremely accurate, and works online or offline.
- Spanish-English Translator: Type, paste, or dictate the English or Spanish text that you want to translate and receive translations from three state-of-the-art, AI-powered, and highly-accurate neural machine translation engines. Then, copy the results from our Spanish translator straight to your device.
- Spanish Verb Conjugations: Become a pro at Spanish conjugation. Conjugate any verb in any tense, online or offline. Master irregular verbs and get context with example sentences.
- Spanish Pronunciation Videos: Perfect your Spanish pronunciation with native-speaker videos for tens of thousands of words.
- Spanish Vocabulary Practice: Quiz yourself on thousands of Spanish words with our highly-personalizable and extremely-effective vocabulary system powered by spaced repetition.
- Spanish Grammar Guide: Our Spanish-language experts have written thousands of articles and lessons about the most common Spanish grammar questions and the trickiest topics.
- Spanish Verb Conjugation Drills: Master the conjugations for any verb and any tense with interactive practice questions.
- Spanish Word of the Day: Never stop learning Spanish by discovering a new word each day.
- SpanishDict Premium: Take your learning to the next level with offline vocabulary quizzes, no ads, and downloadable Cheat Sheets and Phrasebooks.
Check out some of our reviews:
- “I’m using this app to learn Spanish and build up my vocabulary, and this is exactly what I need.”
- “I have been looking for places to teach me Spanish forever!! You can learn lessons for free just by watching 5 second ads after a lesson. If you ever need help with homework or a word this is the place.”
- “Easy to use and comprehensive. Large vocabulary and grammar examples abound”
- “It’s all at your fingertips. So easy. So comprehensive”
- “I love the fact that it gives different word usages for Spain vs Latin American countries. Very helpful. And the grammar quizzes and words of the day are great.”
- “This has always been and will always be my favorite Spanish translator app”
If you choose to purchase SpanishDict Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Thanks for your support! We're always looking to improve our app. This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements. Please leave a review if you like what you see, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Best usability with the best translations...
Since this app is agragated from info by actual Spanish speakers who want to promote the best use of the language (as opposed to algorithms or data scientists), it consistently has the best translations (which will change dramatically as you input more of the sentence, and it understands what you’re ACTUALLY trying to say.) There are other translators that will give you words that technically work, but this seems to be the most intuitive as it pertains to true idioms of the language. It also gives the best explanations for language learners who need to better understand WHY one expression is better than the other (I use “X vs. Y” comparisons all the time to get a level of complexity similar to my native language.) Conjugation charts are thorough and concise (if you are a student, you could find yourself accessing them 100s of times per week- they are like ‘Quick Study Guides’ on steroids (which is why I finally searched for and downloaded the app, in order to have the most comprehensive ‘Quick Study Guide’ possible- although those are still useful, if you lose power or internet signal. ;-)..) This appears to have the full functionality of the website (simply cutting out the extra step of the browser.)
The app itself is amazing to use, and just like other dictionaries, it gives you the pronunciation and various definitions. Unlike other dictionaries, though, it allows you to listen to the differences in English and Spanish (when the words are exactly the same, like karaoke) and gives you multiple ways to conjugate and use the word, especially if it is featured in a common phrase. What would make it better would be if, like the website of this app, it included a short video of a native Spanish speaker repeating it and using it in a sentence, and more slang from other countries. You could make the argument that since it's a dictionary, it should only use real words from different Latino countries, but it would also be useful to know what someone else said when they speak informally. Plus, it would be interesting to know!
I've been trying to better my Spanish for some time, and this app is extremely useful to me whenever I tend to forget something, not know something, or confuse one thing for something else. Would recommend it for anyone who wants to have anything to do with Spanish!
Also a tip for other users: if you don't find something on the app, chances are it's on their website.
If you are learning Spanish, I recommend this dictionary, whether you are a beginner or advanced. If you are a native, I also recommend this dictionary. Unlike Google Translate and other translating apps, SpanishDict avoids literal, fundamentalist translations that are often awkward or inaccurate. It also highlights all the different senses of a particular word, with enlightening examples that are always accurate (although some extra caption translations are sometimes inaccurate). Overall, it’s great, even when free. The lite version’s ads are never overwhelming, and there are many well-designed quizzes that really sharpen your vocabulary and conjugating skills. There are even full conjugation charts that come with practically every verb that you search up. IMO, the only thing that would make this app better is if we can have an etymology feature. Not for every word, of course, but for the main ones. That would be amazing, although it isn’t really necessary to learn the language. Overall, es increíble.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Curiosity Media, Inc.
- 449.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Curiosity Media, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Annual Subscription $59.99
- SpanishDict Premium 1 Month $12.99
- SpanishDict Premium 6 Month $39.99