The #1 Spanish English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with over 702,000 Entries ◇ Comprehensive Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“Best Offline Spanish English Dictionary! A must have for learning a new language!”
“Between it's incredibly extensive vocabulary and excellent conjugations it has gotten me through many a conversation while traveling!”
“Awesome! This app does everything a dictionary should do and more!”
“Fantastic App - I have 4 or 5 Spanish Apps and this is the absolute best.”
“Best Spanish English Reference - Hands down the single most important Spanish app to have on your iPhone. Worth every penny.”
Spanish Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. Spanish Dictionary & Translator + includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive Spanish English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download Spanish Dictionary + now and start learning Spanish or English today!
- Spanish English Dictionary with over 702,000 offline entries (premium), over 479,000 for free.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of Spanish nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,419 Spanish & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in Spanish & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in Spanish or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- Enhancements for iPad including Split Screen with Drag & Drop.
- Apple Watch support with Voice Lookup.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary.
• Spanish slang words and expressions
• Spanish idioms
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium users.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email email@example.com
If you appreciate free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Spanish Dictionary and more
This app has a comprehensive dictionary but that’s not all. The dictionary itself includes slang expressions specific to Latin American countries. You can tap on the words and phrases to hear them pronounced. There are settings for selecting the speed and accents of the voices. Looking up words is really fast. You can enter a word and find it in either language. You can also tap on the microphone in the search bar for voice lookup. There are lots of bells and whistles that set the app apart like a phrasebook and flashcards.
Developer Response ,
Hi, We really appreciate feedback from users like you. If you would like to try new versions before they are released, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Liam, referencing this review. Thanks! -Liam
Translator app for Spanish
This app combines the features of lots of different apps to learn Spanish in one app.
The translator provides multi-directional translations. It took me a while to figure out how to change directions.
All you have to do is tap on the languages with the arrow at the top of the screen. The dictionary is chock full of examples which is super important for understanding nuances of words.
You can get more examples with the upgrade but I'm finding the free version complete enough for my needs.
I stumbled across one of the easter eggs in the app the other day. Lookup the word "blush" and the screen flashes pink. Hilarious 😂 Probably good for retention too.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dan White, We are pleased that you enjoyed the app. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know at email@example.com. Also, do recommend it to your friends. Have a wonderful day! -Liam
Best dictionary app I've ever used
Vidalingua rocks! The quick access to different categories of words has come in handy many times, and the conjugations are spot on. I also love that you can access other dictionaries right in the app - this is the Kayak of dictionary apps. Easy to navigate and well designed.
Developer Response ,
Hi t-mo1029, We are pleased that you enjoyed the app. If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have a wonderful day! -Liam
- Ascendo Inc.
- 41.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo
- In-App Purchases
- Spanish Dictionary Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.