The #1 Free Spanish English Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
"Awesome app! This is by far the best Spanish/English Translator Dictionary I've tried! Very helpful with my studies!"
"Excellent for the traveling businessman. Wouldn't leave my hotel room without it."
"Great app. I was looking for a Spanish-English dictionary for my iPhone and this is the best. It's worth it to pay the extra few bucks for the full version."
“I'm so impressed with the app and use it daily as I attempt to master Spanish. It's comprehensive and easy to navigate. I have yet to see one that compares.”
"Great Reference Tool. I am a Spanish teacher and I recommend this app to all my students."
Spanish Translator & Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. Spanish Translator & Dictionary + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive Spanish Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Download Spanish Translator & Dictionary + now and start learning Spanish or English today!
- Sentence Translator (requires internet). Star favorites to view offline.
- Spanish English Dictionary with over over 702,000 offline entries (premium). 479,000 entries for free.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of Spanish nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,419 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in Spanish & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in Spanish or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- iPad Enhancements including Split Screen and Drag & Drop.
- Apple Watch support.
• 1 year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook & verb conjugator
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary, including...
• Spanish slang words and expressions
• Spanish idioms
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium users.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
• What happens when you shout into a canyon.
• What happens when you are embarrassed.
• When things become unclear.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you appreciate free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent dictionary; excellent support
I use this dictionary all time while attempting to learn Spanish. The extended verb conjugations are extremely helpful. I find it much more accurate and useful than free apps like Google Translate or Bing Translate. It’s very much worth the money to me.
In terms of support, for some reason ads showed up recently in my paid app. I emailed support about the problem. They responded quickly and worked with me through a number of iterations to fix the problem. I can’t say enough about how impressed I was with their responsiveness and commitment to fixing the issue.
Given the dictionary features and the developer support, I highly recommend the paid version of this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi bguy714, Thanks for the 5 star rating. Hope you continue to enjoy using our app. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please write to us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you! Have a wonderful day! -Liam
Must have to learn Spanish!!!!!!!!
This app is amazing in multiple different ways. It comes with a great dictionary I can add pictures with words to. I'm also able to take notes for each word and record me saying them and then listen to the app voice say it so that I could compare myself to perfect spanish. There is a translator in the new version that rocks. I can star my favorites and then they show up with dictionary words. Verb conjugation, perfect for high school Spanish class. Also a vocabulary quiz and new flashcards with this update. Now I can speak really well in Spanish and getting A in class.
Developer Response ,
Excellent tool for learning a language
This app is much more than just a dictionary. The phrase book portion is exceptional and it’s truly a valuable and educational resource. Easy to use and intuitive. Unlike some other apps aimed at helping you learn a second language, there are no klugey quirks or workarounds. It syncs effortlessly with your other devices and the upgraded version is worth far more than $9.95. Yeah you can stick with the free version, but if you are serious, fork over a little more. Deb Hughes.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! - Liam
- Ascendo Inc.
- 41.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo
- In-App Purchases
- Extended Dictionary $4.99
- Extended Phrase Book $2.99
- Extended Verb Conjugator $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.