WordsApp is the real game for learning Spanish. We’ve combined the best from games and educational apps and added a pinch of imagination.
WordsApp is an exciting journey to Spanish-speaking countries and cities with language immersion during which your brain will absorb words and grammar.
1. A unique way to learn the language—a trip around the world where your knowledge of Spanish is your currency.
2. Just a few minutes a day, and over the course of a year you’ll learn more words than a native speaker uses in their daily life.
3. Train your Spanish listening comprehension, translation skills, and grammar, and just have fun.
4. A smart algorithm based on the forgetting curve lies at the very core of the game! WordsApp will proactively toss in words you otherwise would have forgotten.
5. Unlock new modes and mechanics! The more you play, the more exciting ways to learn you’ll find along the way.
6. Play anywhere—take a breather at work, entertain yourself on the daily commute, learn something useful before bed, or play through a couple of levels when there’s nothing to read on Facebook and every post is already liked on Instagram. No restrictions.
7. An incredibly special and gorgeous app that will really make you better every single day!
8. You just play the game, and your brain absorbs words and grammar.
WordsApp—play and learn!
Terms of Service: https://cognitico.com/terms
We've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
PS. If you like WordsApp, please take 3 minutes and rate us in the AppStore.
Ratings and Reviews
fun, and really helpful
...and oddly quirky😉. Seriously, I enjoy this game and find I am learning a lot. I have to laugh at some of the vocabulary presented. Like, out of all I might need to say in Spanish, why am I being taught, "That one-armed man scares me." LOL Still, I find myself remembering a lot and can proceed quite fine without ever purchasing helps or lives with anything other than coins earned in the game.
Two frustrations I have is that I feel way too many new words get dumped into a game. I set a goal of three new words a day because I wanted to master them before moving on. Sometimes I get ten or more in a single game, then a pile in the next, —even when i have chosen "play without new words" and I'm completely baffled for a week until I begin to recall a few. My second frustration is that I feel the ability to see the entire word is removed too early. ( A valuable educational technique used is to simply give you the first letter, then you can click on the word to hear it) Being a visual learner, I wish there were a way to click to temporarily see the word when needed and begin to marry it's form with it's sound. Nonetheless, thanks for the game!
Addicting, which is great for learning!
I’ve played this game every day for the last 97 days (I know this because I always play after my duolingo lesson) and I just beat the last lesson #599. I was worried what would happen after beating all the levels, but thankfully, they’ve made it so you play random levels. So now I will continue to play so I can eventually get through all of the topics and maybe by then they will have new levels?!?! Also, I describe this game to my friends as a useful Spanish learning app that gamifies learning to make it feel like you’re playing candy crush but instead it’s not a waste of time! Although I’ve ran into a few bugs on some levels, I can’t let that take away from my 5/5 review. Thanks for making this app!
Terrible! All they want is money!
This is all about money! Even after you pay, the game is designed to make up keep paying or they lock you out! They should be ashamed! Terrible greedy people that don’t care about you learning, only about you keep paying them over and over. Any positive review is fake in my opinion!
I reached out to them and they ignored me. You can play for free but they make you wait 25 minutes if you don’t pass the level which they make almost impossible so you spend money to keep playing. Very sneaky. They make the games almost impossible to beat even if you get all the answers right, you still lose most of the time. They just want you to get frustrated and buy coins so you can continue to play.
I do enjoy the games, but it’s ruined by having to buy coins to play. You’re obviously not gonna know the right answers because you’re trying to learn, but when you get the answers wrong, instead of helping you learn they lock you out for 25 minutes unless you buy coins. I’d much rather pay for the app and be able to enjoy it. This app feels like gambling. The focus is solely on getting you to spend money instead of learning. I understand they wanna make money but they do it in a sneaky way which feels wrong to me.
Charge a fee for the app or charge for a month, don’t charge people if they make mistakes which everyone will do cause they’re learning.
If they change their system and add options to cater to the user and be less greedyI’ll change my review.
Developer Response ,
All the levels in the game can be passed without spending any money. Most of the players who have reached the last level didn't pay anything. So if you want to pay for the faster progress or not, it is up to you.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cognitico INC.
- 314.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Cognitico Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- PREMIUM access, 3 days free $19.99
- PREMIUM access, 3 days free $7.99
- PREMIUM access $6.99
- Resume saving $0.99
- Handful of Coins $0.99
- PREMIUM access, 7 days free $7.99
- Learner Pack $1.99
- Special offer $0.99
- PREMIUM access $18.99
- PREMIUM access, 85% off $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.