Spar lets you challenge your friends to build healthy habits in a super effective, fun, and social way. Read more books, hit the gym, learn an instrument... challenge your friends to anything.
When you do the activity, you post fun video check-ins for the group to see. Go you!
If you've got money on the line and fail to check-in, you pay a pre-set amount to the group pot -- when the challenge is over, the winner gets all the money!
Want to get fit? Try 50 push-ups a day, for 1 month, with a $10 penalty. You won't miss much!
Start a challenge with your friends today. Get better together -- or take their money!
- [CRITICAL] Fix a single line of code causing Spar to launch with a blank screen on iOS 16 only.
- Fix balance transactions page sometimes not loading payout accounts
- Universal links held in UserDefaults for parsing and handling, were being appended
instead of replaced.
- Fixed Swift 5.7 related crashes from `Realm` non-`@MainActor` await
- Fixed crash introduced on last Beta. Changing the new notification settings caused crash at launch.
- Remove any `MainActor.run` blocks in ViewControllers for natural/readable `@MainActor`
- Change the check-in notification preference to inlcude modern day options
- Added loading indicator when signing on with email
- Sign in with email fixes, better error messages
- Greatly simplify email verification and chagne handling
- remove `withCheckedThrowingContinuation` wrappers and use Firebase native async/await support
- Modernize SwiftUI and UIKit image loading
- Remove check-in intents to reduce complexity
- Fixed crash on launch for some new users, better crash reporting
- View all check-ins for a completed round will now correctly display correct check-ins
- For long running communities, only show unviewed from the index page
- Better non isolation configuration for async await tasks
- Fix retain cycle When video player is dismissed
- Better error communication and handling
- New and simplified native add card/manage card
- Fixed a bug where following a user not completely signed up would fail
- Fixed a bug where unfollowing would sometimes fail
- Added missing activity and notification types
- Updated deprecated `UInt32` usage to `UInt64`
- Updated deprecated `CLLocationManager` usage
- Migrate network calls from GCD to async/await
- Drop support for iOS 13
- Remove deprecated swipe APIs for `UIContextualAction`
- Remove deprecated `.alert` type for `UNNotificationPresentationOptions`
- Remove invite by facebook messenger
- Remove facebook login
- Removed `SKStoreReviewController` which has been deprecated
- Remove facebook login and SDK
- Fixed an issue where players that lost early vanished from the players list
- Players that lost before the round ended are put into the pickle jar
- Put round identifier in drawer
- Use explore label to better showcase interesting challenges
- Improve loading for power users with large number of active memberships
- Tapping on a user's profile image in direct messages now correctly navigates to profile page
- Added support to retire dead/old and legacy communities
- Remove legacy isGroupCreator
- Removed duplicated current round/next round legacy properties
- Fix status labels and buttons to support retired communities
- Retired groups filtered from memberships and explore feed
- Fixed cache cleanup from settings
- Check-in history was causing confusion because of timezone complexity and off by one periods.
- Use a simple date to display misses
- Display misses normalized for Day 1, not Day 0
- Allow multipart video upload for faster transfers
- Automatically detect failed uploads and recover
- Initial support for account deactivation from settings
- Modernize hevc encoding, improve default settings
- Simplify dynamic images for better cache hits
- Remove legacy web view for KYC onboarding
- Remove debugging networking call I forgot to remove
- Fixed NSUnknownKeyException key path crash
- Incorrect pitch video/group relationship
- Fix multiple issues related to indicator views and movie player playback and ordering
- Modernize universal links. Remove old and update existing deep link handling.
- Modernize completed challenges. Provide additional context and info on the current state of the challenge.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but UI needs an overhaul
I’ve been waiting a long time for a great accountability app like this. This app gets the job done with motivating me to accomplish various goals. My only complaint is the user interface and lack of features preventing this app from being perfect.
1) Each challenge needs its own page (similar to a Facebook event) where the creator can write a description of the challenge along with rules/requirements instead of having to explain via the chat
2) chat needs a feature to mute all but who you follow or the creator. I don’t like being bothered by numerous notifications from people having their own private conversation in the chat.
3) ability to search for challenges/ categories of challenges. Currently I can touch the “join a challenge” but it’s blank. Not sure if it’s just a glitch with my app, but it would be nice to search for specific challenges
Otherwise I love the app and am looking forward to improvements in the future!
Check ins won’t upload, getting charged
Another update: please please please STOP forcing us to Sign In with Apple!!! That stupid pop up come up every. Single. Time. I interact with something. It even comes up one on top of each other and then I have to dismiss it various times!!!
Update — they resolved my issue. I still won’t give 5 stars because they do have this uploading problem. But happy they were able to help.
This app was soo good for a while. And now so many check ins have trouble uploading. There’s A LOT of glitches. Because one of them wouldn’t upload in my attempts to delete it to record another the check ins never updated and remained as if I completed the check ins for the week. Only to find out once the new week started that it marked 6 missed check ins which is impossible because the challenge was only 5 check ins a week and all 5 checking were there when you went back to look at them. I’m not being charged for all those missed check ins for something completely out of my control. I’m just waiting till I’m im done with these challenges and I don’t plan to continue the app until they fix these issues. Not when all that money is on the line. I’m so disappointed.
5 stars if it wasn't for bugs
Update: Thank you for your response! I just downloaded the new version as of yesterday and there are a lot of big changes that have seemed to resolve most of the past bugs from the past. Thanks!!
Having used this app on and off since December, I feel obligated to update my review when necessary. The app is tremendously awesome if you make the most of it. But one thing that gets in the way are the updates. The updates seem to add more bugs/ problems than not. At the time of my last review I made mention that the new updates added a lot of social networking features, but some of the core issues with the app, like checking in without errors, seeing the list of recent, active challenges in your feed, and more, have yet to be implemented in a smooth fashion. I think now March 2021, there have been a lot of improvements but also a lot of bugs and I’m hoping that a new big update will come about to correct this.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate it. We just made huge improvements to the app and added new features, new ways to interact and manage the communities you are interested in, and a ton of bug fixes. 👌 We hope you'll check it out! As always, you can reach out to us at email@example.com if anything comes up. ☀️
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SPAR Technology Corporation
- 62.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 SPAR Technology Corporation