Spar lets you challenge your friends to build healthy habits in a super effective, fun, and social way. Read more books, hit the gym, learn an instrument... challenge your friends to anything.
When you do the activity, you post fun video check-ins for the group to see. Go you!
If you've got money on the line and fail to check-in, you pay a pre-set amount to the group pot -- when the challenge is over, the winner gets all the money!
Want to get fit? Try 50 push-ups a day, for 1 month, with a $10 penalty. You won't miss much!
Start a challenge with your friends today. Get better together -- or take their money!
- Remove facebook login and SDK
- Fixed an issue where players that lost early vanished from the players list
- Players that lost before the round ended are put into the pickle jar
- Put round identifier in drawer
- Use explore label to better showcase interesting challenges
- Improve loading for power users with large number of active memberships
- Tapping on a user's profile image in direct messages now correctly navigates to profile page
- Added support to retire dead/old and legacy communities
- Remove legacy isGroupCreator
- Removed duplicated current round/next round legacy properties
- Fix status labels and buttons to support retired communities
- Retired groups filtered from memberships and explore feed
- Fixed cache cleanup from settings
- Check-in history was causing confusion because of timezone complexity and off by one periods.
- Use a simple date to display misses
- Display misses normalized for Day 1, not Day 0
- Allow multipart video upload for faster transfers
- Automatically detect failed uploads and recover
- Initial support for account deactivation from settings
- Modernize hevc encoding, improve default settings
- Simplify dynamic images for better cache hits
- Remove legacy web view for KYC onboarding
- Remove debugging networking call I forgot to remove
- Fixed NSUnknownKeyException key path crash
- Incorrect pitch video/group relationship
- Fix multiple issues related to indicator views and movie player playback and ordering
- Modernize universal links. Remove old and update existing deep link handling.
- Modernize completed challenges. Provide additional context and info on the current state of the challenge.
- Fix followers and following because I have no idea how to spell
- Fix a few, but extremely annoying issues where hosts with older app versions were able to create concurrent duplicate challenges creating a confusing mini multiverse
- Better support for displaying helpful context about current community hosts
- Removal of free challenges that create unnecessary complexity and very little sense
Ratings and Reviews
5 stars if it wasn't for bugs
Update: Thank you for your response! I just downloaded the new version as of yesterday and there are a lot of big changes that have seemed to resolve most of the past bugs from the past. Thanks!!
Having used this app on and off since December, I feel obligated to update my review when necessary. The app is tremendously awesome if you make the most of it. But one thing that gets in the way are the updates. The updates seem to add more bugs/ problems than not. At the time of my last review I made mention that the new updates added a lot of social networking features, but some of the core issues with the app, like checking in without errors, seeing the list of recent, active challenges in your feed, and more, have yet to be implemented in a smooth fashion. I think now March 2021, there have been a lot of improvements but also a lot of bugs and I’m hoping that a new big update will come about to correct this.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate it. We just made huge improvements to the app and added new features, new ways to interact and manage the communities you are interested in, and a ton of bug fixes. 👌 We hope you'll check it out! As always, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if anything comes up. ☀️
Check ins won’t upload, getting charged
Another update: please please please STOP forcing us to Sign In with Apple!!! That stupid pop up come up every. Single. Time. I interact with something. It even comes up one on top of each other and then I have to dismiss it various times!!!
Update — they resolved my issue. I still won’t give 5 stars because they do have this uploading problem. But happy they were able to help.
This app was soo good for a while. And now so many check ins have trouble uploading. There’s A LOT of glitches. Because one of them wouldn’t upload in my attempts to delete it to record another the check ins never updated and remained as if I completed the check ins for the week. Only to find out once the new week started that it marked 6 missed check ins which is impossible because the challenge was only 5 check ins a week and all 5 checking were there when you went back to look at them. I’m not being charged for all those missed check ins for something completely out of my control. I’m just waiting till I’m im done with these challenges and I don’t plan to continue the app until they fix these issues. Not when all that money is on the line. I’m so disappointed.
Life Changing - What social media should be
I LOVE this app. It has absolutely changed my life this year. If you have read as many books about habit change as I have and are frustrated with not being able to stick to new habits, you owe it to yourself to give this app a shot. This is social media as it should be - communities pushing each other for positive growth. I’ve started a daily push up routine and 3 months in I am much stronger than ever. I finally picked up the guitar I bought years ago to teach myself to play. And I’m in a great book group sharing our thoughts each week. And as a nice bonus - you can actually win some money just for sticking to your goals! To the developers, I love the growth and changes. But I would still love to have the pinned check in feature for my profile. I was using it to track my progress starting to play guitar and some fun check ins where my kids joined me doing push ups. Thanks for creating such an amazing tool!!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SPAR Technology Corporation
- 63.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 SPAR Technology Corporation