Spar lets you challenge your friends to build healthy habits in a super effective, fun, and social way. Read more books, hit the gym, learn an instrument... challenge your friends to anything.
When you do the activity, you post fun video check-ins for the group to see. Go you!
If you've got money on the line and fail to check-in, you pay a pre-set amount to the group pot -- when the challenge is over, the winner gets all the money!
Want to get fit? Try 50 push-ups a day, for 1 month, with a $10 penalty. You won't miss much!
Start a challenge with your friends today. Get better together -- or take their money!
- Modernize completed challenges. Provide additional context and info on the current state of the challenge.
- Fix followers and following because I have no idea how to spell
- Fix a few, but extremely annoying issues where hosts with older app versions were able to create concurrent duplicate challenges creating a confusing mini multiverse
- Better support for displaying helpful context about current community hosts
- Removal of free challenges that create unnecessary complexity and very little sense
- You can now see all members not currently participating in the current or next round.
- Hosts can manage a challenge even if they might be sitting out the current round.
- Players that get removed now get put in the pickle jar, instead of just disappearing.
- Some big new changes behind the scenes for some long awaited improvements
- Fix following/unfollowing, and chat preview not correctly updating on the index page
- Clearer help text and descriptions in settings
- Fix pitch videos not saving/updating
- Fixed some links to FAQ and help pages not responding to clicks
- Fixed an issue due to reversed logic which caused some users who to get stuck in a logged out session
- Fix notification badge sometimes not resetting
- Make it a bit more clear when the check-in drawer is loading
- Improved support for out of band account management
- New and improved image serving endpoint for improved image loading
- Fix a bug where non-daily challenges wouldn't show up in the check-in drawer on off days
- Fix missing profile photos in group chat
- Improve additional edge cases around restoring a user's session
- Improve the experience around joining a challenge as a new user
- Improved error handling and error messaging.
- Fix "Copy link" for check-ins
- Allow guest users to sign out of their current session
- Modernize SwiftUI components
- Fix multiple issues related to the movie player when tapping on an individual player's check-ins
- The ability to attach your activity ring to a check-in has been removed
- New check-in history page to make it easier to determine any players current status
- Fix a handful of bugs and make it easier to review check-ins from completed challenges
- New experimental utility to review check-ins from previous rounds. This is helpful when one round ends and another begins in a short amount of time
- Check-in drawer now greatly improved with smarter loading and additional context
- Fixed multiple edge case bugs where user were forced to re-authenticate
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but UI needs an overhaul
I’ve been waiting a long time for a great accountability app like this. This app gets the job done with motivating me to accomplish various goals. My only complaint is the user interface and lack of features preventing this app from being perfect.
1) Each challenge needs its own page (similar to a Facebook event) where the creator can write a description of the challenge along with rules/requirements instead of having to explain via the chat
2) chat needs a feature to mute all but who you follow or the creator. I don’t like being bothered by numerous notifications from people having their own private conversation in the chat.
3) ability to search for challenges/ categories of challenges. Currently I can touch the “join a challenge” but it’s blank. Not sure if it’s just a glitch with my app, but it would be nice to search for specific challenges
Otherwise I love the app and am looking forward to improvements in the future!
Check ins won’t upload, getting charged
Another update: please please please STOP forcing us to Sign In with Apple!!! That stupid pop up come up every. Single. Time. I interact with something. It even comes up one on top of each other and then I have to dismiss it various times!!!
Update — they resolved my issue. I still won’t give 5 stars because they do have this uploading problem. But happy they were able to help.
This app was soo good for a while. And now so many check ins have trouble uploading. There’s A LOT of glitches. Because one of them wouldn’t upload in my attempts to delete it to record another the check ins never updated and remained as if I completed the check ins for the week. Only to find out once the new week started that it marked 6 missed check ins which is impossible because the challenge was only 5 check ins a week and all 5 checking were there when you went back to look at them. I’m not being charged for all those missed check ins for something completely out of my control. I’m just waiting till I’m im done with these challenges and I don’t plan to continue the app until they fix these issues. Not when all that money is on the line. I’m so disappointed.
5 stars if it wasn't for bugs
Update: Thank you for your response! I just downloaded the new version as of yesterday and there are a lot of big changes that have seemed to resolve most of the past bugs from the past. Thanks!!
Having used this app on and off since December, I feel obligated to update my review when necessary. The app is tremendously awesome if you make the most of it. But one thing that gets in the way are the updates. The updates seem to add more bugs/ problems than not. At the time of my last review I made mention that the new updates added a lot of social networking features, but some of the core issues with the app, like checking in without errors, seeing the list of recent, active challenges in your feed, and more, have yet to be implemented in a smooth fashion. I think now March 2021, there have been a lot of improvements but also a lot of bugs and I’m hoping that a new big update will come about to correct this.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate it. We just made huge improvements to the app and added new features, new ways to interact and manage the communities you are interested in, and a ton of bug fixes. 👌 We hope you'll check it out! As always, you can reach out to us at email@example.com if anything comes up. ☀️
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SPAR Technology Corporation
- 62.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 SPAR Technology Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.