Take the world of Sparkle Stories with you for extended listening and enriched learning anywhere, anytime! Log in to your Sparkle Stories account to access all 1200+ stories and related content directly from your phone.
With the Sparkle Stories iPhone app you can:
• Stay inspired by seasonal content curated by Sparkle Stories
• Search the entire universe of sparkle stories content by topic, character, series, and more...
• Sync your storybox
• Save stories for offline listening on the plane or in remote corners of the earth
We've got rid of a few bugs!
- Your storybox will no longer disappear after favoriting a story
- Buttons that weren't supposed to show up that didn't work are now removed.
As you know, we are always working to improve the Sparkle experience. This new app is completely redesigned from the ground up, providing an experience you'll recognize from our website.
Be sure to update ASAP so you can continue to enjoy your Sparkle Stories!
Major changes from the old app:
- A "docked" story player. You can now play a story while navigating the app, and even other apps!
- An option for a full screen player. Swipe right and left to go to the previous and next stories. Swipe down to hide the player and go back.
- Offline listening is now faster and easier.
- Remembers your place in each story.
- Dedicated page per story, with easy access to related stories. Plus, you'll have the story descriptions at your fingertips.
- Dedicated collection page. Easily find all the stories in a collection.
- Bottom tab bar for easier navigation.
- Faster search.
We can't wait for you to try it!
Ratings and Reviews
Decent app for fantastic stories.
I’m a huge fan of Sparkle Stories and so is my 5-year-old. We use this app daily on my iPhone 6 with very few issues.
Navigation, once you get the hang of it, is ok. We listen exclusively almost exclusively to Martin and Sylvia right now, so I wish there were an easy way to browse ALL of those series under a main M&S heading. But! I know where to find things when I need them, now that I’ve been using it for awhile. I can adapt. :)
My main issue is with the “offline” / storybox mode, which, with an upcoming car trip, is bugging me. For example: if we are at home, with wifi, stories load right away and stream with no problem. But if I put a story in our storybox and try to play it in the car, it takes just as long to load as if I were streaming from the car - several minutes. Which, when you think of what was possible just 10 or 15 years ago or even 25, when I was a child? It’s amazing. But what’s not amazing is waiting and waiting for something you’ve supposedly synced (or is it synced? I’m not clear on the logistics) to load. My biggest hope is for an improvement in this area.
We’ve never had an issue with the app crashing or starting stories over or anything else. They play beautifully once loaded. Thank you for all the work you’ve put into this app!!
We love this app and the convenience of having all the stories available. The only downside is the long load time on the search feature.
Amazing stories HORRIBLE app
I have been buying apps for many years and never written a review, that is how terrible the app is. The stories are truly amazing, sweet and gentle. The first issue is the app constantly crashes. Instead of being able to open the app and begin where you left off, like most apps, you must start all over by opening up the app and then searching for the story, which can be very difficult to find. Simply hitting pause can cause the app to freeze and need to close the app and start over. This also happens if you need to slide the back or forward bar to hear a part of the story again or skip a part of the story. We use this in the car and rely solely on the app. Although we love the stories I am not sure if I will continue using sparkle stories. The app hasn't been updated in 11 months, it's time to completely redo the app. Please!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.