Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows you to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS:
* Brand new Apple Watch App
* New Snap Mode: Just snap a picture of any text or object you want translated!
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed
Note: The Free version may be subject to limitations (ex. number of daily translations) and the limitations are subject to change.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft®. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Speech to speech translations are supported between:
Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canadian, Indian, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between:
Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
Get Speak & Translate Premium and enjoy:
- Unlimited translations
- Offline mode for text translations
- Ads-free translation experience
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.
Introducing an all-new Speak & Translate app:
- Upgraded design
- Brand new Apple Watch App
- New Snap Mode: Just snap a picture of any text or object you want translated!
Thank you for using Speak & Translate! We are constantly working on improving our app - if you enjoy Speak & Translate, we would appreciate it if you write us a review
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I purchased the app for a year. It works great some words are off but, u can get the idea what is being said. I use it a lot at work. My work area is mainly Chinese and I don’t speak a word. I’m not even Chinese but,I’m able to hold a conversation with people. Once I get their dialect (mandarin) worked fine. I will say this, people need to speak slow, it helps a lot. Speaking fast makes some words unrecognizable. I noticed it wants proper dialect. And don’t ask someone who might of had a little to much too drink. I have never used the typing part of this app so I can’t give a review. But speaking into the phone works great. On more thing for the developers, when I click on the icon it keeps asking me if I want a trial but I already paid for the year. Thanks good job.
Disappointing update with Price gouging membership
I bought this app a while ago, couple years back paid $39 or something like that. At the time it was ok, I was in Germany and needed speech to speech translator & it came with offline speech to speech translation version with many other feature that was crucial to be able to speak choppy broken German through this app that some give puzzled looks but after quick read most can decipher its meaning, but it does not understand a lot of dialects or any slang. It is a one for one translator. That sometimes does not pick up on certain accents like my thick Texas accent. But it was sub par to begin with and now i am back in Germany and pull out my expensive translator to find out all the feature I once had are now being hustled at $6,99 A month after the high initial cost of buying this app that was sub par to begin with I don’t see any extra add on features, except what I used to already get when I purchased the app. What justifies the price gouging after i already paid a premium price at the initial purchase & now I don’t get what I already paid for. Might as well use google same translation it’s free and works about the same especially if you have to be online now
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy but we offer more than one app, you have installed the incorrect app and need to reinstall this from your purchase history.
Purchased Before And Have To Subscribe
I had purchased this app about two years ago and then when I returned back to an iPhone I went to get this program again and saw that it was a monthly subscription. Every time I try to open it up it prompts me to purchase a subscription and I did purchase a subscription about five days ago and I’m going to be billed again in December but every time I open it up it tells me I need to pay and then when I clicked on the link to restore past purchases, I see now that it has a pending order and so I would advise anyone who wants to get this app to think twice about it or else you may be double charged and I find it upsetting that I paid about $30 for this a few years ago but now I have to pay for it every month. It is a very good app and I do a lot of world travel and it is quite accurate and having a voice that will offer you the correct punctuation is a plus and that is why I gave it to stars otherwise I would give it zero for the way that it continues to ask me to pay
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy but we make more than one app, simply you have installed the incorrect one.
- IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- 139.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2019 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $4.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $11.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.