Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows you to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS:
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed
Note: The Free version may be subject to limitations (ex. number of daily translations) and the limitations are subject to change.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft®. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Speech to speech translations are supported between:
Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canadian, Indian, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between:
Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
Get Speak & Translate Premium and enjoy:
- Unlimited translations
- Offline mode for text translations
- Ads-free translation experience
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
- a monthly subscription (which comes with a 3-day free trial) for $6.99 USD
- an annual subscription (which comes with a 7-day free trial) $38.99 USD.
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.
Thank you for using Speak & Translate! Here’s what’s new:
- Speak & Translate now supports iOS 12 fully
- Siri Shortcuts: Open Speak & Translate via voice commands.
To improve our App for you, we regularly bring updates to the App Store with improvements for both speed and reliability.
Ratings and Reviews
Found What I've Been Looking For
This type/speak translator is what I've been looking for decades in an English/Chinese Cantonese translator. Yes, Mandarin is the official Chinese language but so many people still speak the earlier dialects and this product fits the bill. I can type in English, and it converts into phonetics and also will automatically speak the words. My parent's native tongue is Toisin, similar to Cantonese, but an older and less prevalent dialect nowadays so I use this translator to confirm if any of the Cantonese vocabulary matches Toisin and refresh my memory on long-ago lost words.
There's only 3 enhancements I would request:
1. a Toisin dialect vocabulary (likely not)
2. offline for Cantonese, as only Mandarin available for Chinese
3. synch previous searches/translations across multiple ios devices using iCloud? I use my ipad mini with qwerty keyboard when at a desk, but for portability/travel it is more convenient for iphone. Don't want to have to rekey in all my searches on the iphone especially when preparing/conducting travel. So don't know if a one-time synch will be permanent such as if translations downloaded from another device via iCloud and would be resident going forward even w/o broadband access.
Thank you for this product, I really, really enjoy it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comment and will gladly consider all the suggestions from your comment when working on the future updates for the application. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas on the app! If you have more to say, you can reach us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you once again for the attention!
I purchased the app for a year. It works great some words are off but, u can get the idea what is being said. I use it a lot at work. My work area is mainly Chinese and I don’t speak a word. I’m not even Chinese but,I’m able to hold a conversation with people. Once I get their dialect (mandarin) worked fine. I will say this, people need to speak slow, it helps a lot. Speaking fast makes some words unrecognizable. I noticed it wants proper dialect. And don’t ask someone who might of had a little to much too drink. I have never used the typing part of this app so I can’t give a review. But speaking into the phone works great. On more thing for the developers, when I click on the icon it keeps asking me if I want a trial but I already paid for the year. Thanks good job.
This app was downloaded simply to view and try out compared to my other free apps, somehow it tricks you or slips into a subscription I did not want.. these traps must stop, no I cannot tell you how worth it this app is because it was limited with languages and filled with pop ups and be carful with your fingerprint button popping up, because one mistake touch.. and your lured into a subscription. I did not want a Subscription! Not figuring out apple’s new ios or whatever the reason be, they charge me and did not want to refund me.. bad Buisness ethics, I’m sorry for the negative review, but until I receive a refund, it stays because I did not want a subscription. No matter what the case may be, whether you want to try out the app or test it.. be careful!
P.S. Please return my wrongfully taken money!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing opinion about the app. These functionality limitations in the app are compensated by the fact that it’s free. We offer you subscription only as an option for you to gain more value by saving extra money and receiving more content. Hope for your understanding.
Update: You can cancel subscription any time through your device Settings - iTunes & App Store - Apple ID - View Apple ID - Subscriptions - Manage. Developers have no possibility to unsubscribe you or help with refunds as developers do not have any access to users’ accounts. For further assistance with refund procedures please contact Apple support directly: https://support.apple.com/ Thank you in advance for understanding!
- IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- 127.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2019 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $6.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $4.99
- Translator: No Ads & Limits $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.