RWH Technology, LLC
Designed for iPad
SpeakColorsHD is a speech therapy app designed to encourage young children to imitate and use simple sentences using colors and photos of objects. This app is geared toward toddlers with speech and language delays, autism, Down syndrome and other developmental disorders.
This app does much more than just teach colors. Use SpeakColorsHD to improve the following:
- Receptive and expressive vocabulary skills
- Phrase length
- Spoken sentences
- Speech/Articulation skills
- Initiation and choice making skills for colors and objects
- Fluency skills
This premium version of SpeakColors includes:
- 7 common colors
- 200 colorful photographs of objects
- 13 Types of sentences
- 1469 Sentences
- English female voice recordings
- Import your own photos
- Add/delete nouns for the sentences
- Record your own voice
- Microphone for your child to record their own voice for practicing the names of colors, food, animals, toys and common objects.
"Increasing the number of words used in sentences and improving reading skills are two skills the affordable SpeakColors HD will help speech therapists and parents develop in their students." ~ iHeartThisApp.com
"SpeakColorsHD is a simple and effective app with a solid amount of content." ~ theiPhoneMom.com
"It is also great for teaching adjective+ noun phrases..." ~ Special Apps, Special Kids
"I find it great for children with dyspraxia (childhood apraxia of speech) where you are working on multiple targets and trying to move them onto short sentences." ~ SpeechBlogUK
"SpeakColors can do an excellent job of teaching words and sentence structure as a precursor to or in conjunction with other reinforcing hands-on multi-modality activities." ~ SpeechPathologyApps.com
4/5 Overall Rating ~ Technology In (SPL) Education
- From the main menu, press "Start".
- Pick a color from the top of the screen.
- Pick a sentence template from the upper-left of the screen.
- Swipe left or swipe right (or use arrow buttons) to change objects.
- Press a color or object in the middle of the screen to hear the name of the color or object.
*** Disclosure ***
At RWH Technology we are committed to the privacy and safety of our customers and their children. This app:
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or Links.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In-App-Purchases.
- Does not contain push notifications.
**What's New in 3.4.3**
- Updated for iOS 13.
- Bug fixes.
**Changes in 3.4.2**
- Updated for iOS 12.
- Fixed Image Search.
**Changes in 3.4.1**
- Improved accessibility.
Ratings and Reviews
nice app, needs a few tweaks
I have started using this application with some of my students with Autism to help them expand their utterances. The sentence option in the paid app is great as I had one of my students saying, "the (object) is (color)" today. :-) I have two suggestions for improvements. The voice on the application is a little distracting to the kids. Also, is there a way to not have the pictures reset to the beginning for each color when you click back from one color to another. For example, the students were working on black then we moved to orange, yellow, and red. We then moved back to black and the pictures had reset back to the pictures the child had already done that day. Thanks for coming out with the paid app to do the sentences.
This is a good app for creating basic sentences with a color + noun. You get a lot of repetition with different sentence types and different colors. The app is easy to use and allows for some customization of new nouns and recording your own audio. You can start small with just color + noun and then work up to longer sentences. There are no games or flashy reinforcers, but my kids were still engaged and enjoyed getting to swipe to pick different nouns and choose colors. I would like to see some more question sentences such as "Can I have a..." or "Do you want a..." added.
I always appreciate when I can find an app for the special needs community that isn't priced out of my budget. Our 7-year-old with special needs speaks fairly well, but still loves to use this app to hear her voice and practice speaking. Since we got it, we have used it a couple of times each week and plan to continue.
The update greatly increases the life-span of this app by including 9 different sentence choices that can help children practice reading skills. The update makes a great app much more powerful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- RWH Technology, LLC
- 34.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Copyright 2013-2020, RWH Technology, LLC. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.