With over 1,000 spoken and phonetically written words and expressions, this phrasebook is designed to do exactly what the name says - make speaking Japanese easy for you.
Perfect for those traveling to Japan, this phrasebook covers essential phrases on topics such as meeting people, eating out, transportation, sightseeing, shopping and many more.
Written specifically for English-speakers, this phrasebook leaves no room for mispronunciation. Each phrase includes a translation to Japanese, an easy-to-read phonetic translation, and an audio recording of a native Japanese speaker - all contained in a well structured, user-friendly interface.
Whether you choose to browse phrases by category, or use the search facility to instantly find what you're looking for, SpeakEasy Japanese is an efficient lifeline when you know what to say but don't know how.
• Over 1,000 essential travel phrases with both Japanese and phonetic translations plus audio.
• Audio clips recorded by a native speaker to help you perfect your pronunciation.
• Flashcards with English on one side and Japanese on the other side, that you can use to study and test yourself.
• Slow-play feature that plays audio at a slow speed to assist learning.
• Search facility to instantly find the phrase you're looking for.
• Favorites feature to provide fast access to your favorite phrases.
• Adjustable text size. You can use a larger text size for added clarity.
• Hide the phonetics. If you're a pro and don't need the extra assistance, the phonetics can be hidden.
• Copy the translations to the clipboard and paste them into any app you wish.
• Support for US English, UK English and Canadian English spelling.
• No internet connection required. The app will work no matter where you are.
INCLUDES PHRASES SUCH AS:
• Where is the restroom?
• Are you married?
• Let's go to a restaurant
• Do you speak Japanese?
• I don't speak Japanese
• Do you understand me?
• Call a doctor!
• I've run out of medication
• I need the consulate
• How do I get to the … ?
• How much does a ticket cost?
• When is the next museum tour?
• Please call a taxi
• How much does it cost?
• Where is luggage check-in?
• Where can I rent a car?
• My car has broken down
• Can I see the menu?
• Do you have a menu in English?
• What do you recommend?
• For dessert, I'll have …
• That was delicious!
• Do you accept credit cards?
• A glass of red wine
• Where can I buy … ?
• How much does this cost?
• Can I try this on?
• I need a hotel …
• I have a reservation
• I have lost the room key
• What time is check-out?
• Where is the nearest bank?
• What is the exchange rate?
• What time is it?
• Can I get a cash advance?
• You are very pretty
• You are very handsome
• What is your telephone number?
• I will miss you
• Thanks for the evening
SpeakEasy 4 is a major update which we are thrilled to offer our customers as a free update.
Every part of the app has been refreshed and refined.
We hope you love it!
What’s New in SpeakEasy 4?
• App design has been modernized to fit in with the latest iOS.
• In-app purchases have been removed. The bundle pack is now included for free as part of the app.
• Completely redesigned Flashcards screen. Flashcards now behave like a physical deck of cards.
• Your “Favorites” can now be viewed as their own Flashcard deck.
• Native support for iPhone X and iPad Pro.
• Support for split-screen multitasking on supported iPads.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to have vowels to pronounce words, numbers, & sentence
This Japanese Language app is pretty great for helping people on how to speak the language. However, what I’m thinking that this language learning app is lacking is lack of sentences, how to mix sentences, how to say all numbers in Japanese and adding vowels so that way people can easily pronounce & understand the language more clearly and saying them much more clearer than before. That’s what I’m feeling that this app is fully lacking.
I'm learning Japanese but sometimes when I'm have a conversations online with new people this app will really help me with having simple conversations and is nice because when you copy the words or phrases it will use the kanji so it's nice that I can use text like a native speaker would. Would totally recommend.
The full version vs. free
Compared to both, the full version is good if you want to be like a little good at Japanese. The free version is for basic, so if you want to learn basic, get the free version, it'll be worth it.
- Pocketglow Inc.
- 62.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015–2017 Pocketglow Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- SpeakEasy Japanese Bundle Pack $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.