"Rating: 9/10" - As featured in "iPhone & iPad Essential Apps" magazine.
••• Special Free Edition •••
Perfect for those traveling to Russia, this phrasebook is designed to do exactly what the name says - make speaking Russian easy for you.
Written specifically for English-speakers, this Russian phrasebook leaves no room for mispronunciation. Each phrase includes a translation to Russian, an easy-to-read phonetic translation, and an audio recording of a native Russian speaker - all contained in a well structured, user-friendly interface.
Whether you choose to browse phrases by category, or use the search facility to instantly find what you're looking for, SpeakEasy Russian is an efficient lifeline when you know what to say but don't know how.
• Over 130 essential travel phrases with both Russian and phonetic translations plus audio. Hundreds more phrases are available in the Full Version.
• Audio clips recorded by a native speaker to help you perfect your pronunciation.
• Flashcards with English on one side and Russian on the other side, that you can use to study and test yourself.
• Slow-play feature that plays audio at a slow speed to assist learning.
• Search facility to instantly find the phrase you're looking for.
• Favorites feature to provide fast access to your favorite phrases.
• Adjustable text size. You can use a larger text size for added clarity.
• Hide the phonetics. If you're a pro and don't need the extra assistance, the phonetics can be hidden.
• Copy the translations to the clipboard and paste them into any app you wish.
• Support for US English, UK English and Canadian English spelling.
• No internet connection required. The app will work no matter where you are.
INCLUDES PHRASES SUCH AS:
• Where is the bathroom (toilet)?
• What is your name?
• How are you?
• My name is …
• Do you speak English?
• Do you speak Russian?
• I don't speak Russian
• I speak English
• Speak more slowly, please?
• How do you say this in Russian?
• Is there someone who speaks English?
• I need a translator
• When is the next train to … ?
SpeakEasy 4 is a major update which we are thrilled to offer our customers as a free update.
Every part of the app has been refreshed and refined.
We hope you love it!
What’s New in SpeakEasy 4?
• App design has been modernized to fit in with the latest iOS.
• Completely redesigned Flashcards screen. Flashcards now behave like a physical deck of cards.
• Your “Favorites” can now be viewed as their own Flashcard deck.
• Native support for iPhone X and iPad Pro.
• Support for split-screen multitasking on supported iPads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's completely apparent that a lot of work went into this. I've been fishing around on different sites for a while now, and nothing is as convenient and thorough as this. Not only are the words and vocabulary phrases organized into great categories, but each word or phrase has an easy accessible, reliable real-person spoken pronunciation. I've run across no glitches, nothing I can note for improvement.
However if you want to be able to properly speak and understand russian you need to have a firm grasp on Cyrillic. I recommend doing that first. This is an option within the app.
Along with everything else I've mentioned, there are flash cards and learning options that make everything worthwhile. As of right now I only have the free version, but as soon as I get my new credit card info straightened out I will be purchasing this, if only to show appreciating for the effort and work that so obviously went into this.
Perfect interface, perfect everything. It's the best out there.
This app is a good way to learn a new language. It's not only available in Russian too. You can pick the area you want to learn in (greeting, basic phrases, etc) & you learn. You can see the word written, you can see how it's pronounced, you can have a women speak the word at normal conversation speed, or have her say it slowly to hear the small tongue rolls or silent letters. No more teachers to teach, there's an app for it. 😊
Perfect for what it is.
The app is a phrase book with phonetic pronunciation guides. No more, no less. The difference between the free and paid versions is simply that the paid version lets you access all phrases, while the free version gives you access to a limited selection of phrases. This would certainly be helpful for anyone traveling through the Russian speaking regions of the world.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.