Have a set of AirPlay speakers at home? Do you want to know more about your wireless speakers? The Speaker Discover is the best choice for you. It is a small and useful utility that lets you see detailed information about your speaker device from version and firmware informations to supported AirPlay protocols and formats and more.
WHAT IS AIRPLAY
AirPlay is a proprietary protocol stack developed by Apple Inc. that allows wireless streaming between devices of audio, video, device screens, and photos, together with related metadata. Originally implemented only in Apple's software and devices, it was called AirTunes and used for audio only. AirPlay receiver devices include AirPort Express, Apple TV, and third party speakers such as Libratone, Bose, Yamaha, Philips, Marantz, Bowers & Wilkins, Pioneer, Sony, and Denon.
FIND AIRPLAY SUPPORTED WIRELESS SPEAKERS
• Detect wireless speakers with Apple AirPlay support on your local home or office Wi-Fi network (included Bluetooth PAN connection).
• Detect device vendor, model, type. Common AirPlay devices:
• Apple AirPort Express base stations (802.11g  and 802.11n models [2008, 2012]).
• Apple TV (2nd , 3rd [2012/13], 4th  generations).
• Apple Mac Mini (2006-2017).
• Apple iMac (2006-2017).
• Apple MacBook (2006-2015).
• Apple MacBook Air (2008-2017).
• Apple MacBook Pro (2006-2017).
• Libratone wireless speakers.
• Bose SoundTouch wireless speakers.
• Yamaha network AV receivers, pre-amplifiers, players.
• Marantz AV receivers, pre-amplifiers, players.
SHOW DEVICE INFORMATION
• Detect speaker model type, model number, release date, firmware version, service version, and so on.
• Detect AirPlay capabilities:
• Supported audio formats (codecs).
• Supported metadata types (text, artwork, progress).
• Supported audio quality (number of channels, sampling rate, bit depth).
• Supported transport protocols (UDP, TCP).
• Detect AirPlay security features:
• Password protection.
• Supported encryption types (clear, RSA, FairPlay, stc).
• Detect wireless speaker Wi-Fi capabilities:
• Detect wireless standards supported by your device (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad).
• Detect wireless speed-up features (short guard interval, STBC, HT duplicate).
• Detect wireless operation frequencies and channels.
• Detect available antennas, MIMO config, spatial streams.
• Detect wireless security options and modes (WPA standards and EAP modes).
• Detect wireless optimization (WMM) and access features (Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, Voice).
• Detect max. physical wireless speeds.
• Detect wireless speaker physical connectors:
• Analog or digital audio output connectors and quality (SPDIF).
• Digital video output connectors and capabilities (HDMI).
• USB connectors.
• Show IP address, Bonjour and DNS hostnames, PING capability.
• Show MAC address, MAC vendor, country, postal address.
• Show Bonjour service informations: name, type, transport protocol.
• Detect further Bonjour services on wireless speaker with detailed informations.
REACH UI FEATURES
• Info menu with feedback and privacy settings
• Use the camera icon (upper-right corner) to create and print/send/share a screenshot from the entire page.
• Pull down with your finger to refresh the informations.
• Long press on a cell to copy/print/send/open as/share the cell value.
• Shake your device to refresh the informations.
• iPhone SE (2020) support.
- Csaba Iranyi
- 6.2 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Csaba Iranyi. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.