SpeakText Lite - Speak & Translate Text Documents and Web pages
Touch text documents and web pages, copy & paste, key in, then it will speak and translate sentence by sentence.
A must have app to speak & translate web pages and documents, including newspapers and magazines.
1. Speak aloud 100+ voices and translate 50+ languages sentence by sentence and paragraph by paragraph.
2. Background operation support (keep reading aloud text, document and web pages in the background while using another app.
3. Lock screen support (play, pause, skip a sentence, adjust playback volume and see the sentences list on the lock screen).
4. Exercising and improving your language skills during a bike riding, jogging or walking.
5. Funny bear and human face animations while speaking.
6. Support powerful speaking repeat, pause and speed options.
7. New design UI with 25 themes.
The Lite version is limited to speak & translate few sentences only and with sponsored Ads.
SpeakText for Me supports all formats, integrates SpeakText, SpeakText for Web, SpeakText for Office, SpeakText for eBook features into one app.
● Speak aloud 100+ voices
The app integrates the system text-to-speech engine, speaks aloud 100+ voices sentence by sentence without internet connection
● Translate 50+ languages
● Optional 70+ enhanced voices (In-App Purchases)
● Exercising and improving your language skills during a bike riding, jogging or walking
The app could read then record (and play the recorded voice) sentence by sentence.
● Exercising one sentence
Reading then recording one sentence.
● Speaking face animation
The app provides funny bears and humans face animations while speaking.
● Speak & translate the copy & paste or key in text
● Speak & translate the touched words
● Speak & translate the whole page from touched words or from the beginning
● Translate the whole web page
● Speak & translate web pages and multiple document types
- Web pages
- Text (text, txt), RTF document (rtf)
● Support four ways to open documents
1. Open In...
2. Apple iTunes
3. Download file
4. Import documents cloud services
● Support powerful speaking & translating options
The app provides some powerful options, such as speaking repeat times of each sentence, speaking and translating pause seconds between sentences, speaking speed, popover text font size and paste automatically options.
You could assign repeat times or pause seconds for some specified sentences.
Auto repeat function for a sentence.
Speaking rate quick setting while speaking.
● Mark "Starred" to record favorite words
● Support bookmarks and home page
● Support URL autocomplete and browser history
● Mail and export translated text
● Copy translated text
● Highlight words while speaking & translating
● Support 10 favorite language setting selections
● New design UI with 25 themes
● This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
● Optional speaking & translating pdf documents feature (in-app purchase for iOS 11)
● Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Can't open from Dropbox
This would easily get 5 stars if I could transfer docs from Dropbox directly to SpeakText. As is, I open the files in Dropbox, reopen them in GoodReader, and select one page at a time to paste into SpeakText. The point of using this app and paying $20 for it was to make text accessible. It is so close to being perfect, but not being able to directly load docs into the app without having to connect to the computer is very frustrating. Can you create a way for Dropbox to recognize your app and put their docs in your publications or documents folder? If I could directly upload to your app like I put things in Dropbox, that would be fine, too.
For the most part, I am very impressed with the speech recognition, although she kept reading one word wrong. When I remember what that word was, I'll come back to let you know.
I love this app; it became the big part of my life since I bought it two years ago. I use it mostly to listen to books from the Internet sites like Project Gutenberg that offer books in a text format. English is my second language and the 'SpeakText For Me' gives me the possibilities to listen to books, sentence by sentence, with a speed that is comfortable to me, the app translates all sentence to my native language, additionally I’m able to repeat all the difficult parts of the books as many times as needed to fully understand them. I spend with 'SpeakText For Me' one to two hours every day and, since I started using it, I have made very big improvements in my abilities to understand and speak English. I plan to use it for many more years, read hundreds more books and, at the same time, improve and perfect my English skills. I’m convinced that it is “must to have” app for everyone how tries to learn a new language.
Reads text, but bad UI
Copy, Paste works intermittently, app stops working, long pauses between sentences, unable to control speed of read back, and other usability issues. Some might be from a crippled UI for the free version, but that's probably a bad business model. Put out a quality free product and people will want to upgrade for better features. In this case, I'm looking elsewhere.
- BorG Technology Corporation
- 46.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © BorG Technology Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- SpeakText Full Version $19.99
- SpeakEnglish Add-on $4.99
- LearnChinese Add-on $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.