Specdrums Edu is the official platform for customizing Specdrums rings--app-enabled rings that play music. All skill levels, from beginners to seasoned musicians, can create their own masterpieces with hundreds of instruments, drum kits, and other sounds. Educators across a wide range of subjects, such as art, language, social studies, science, and math can make their lessons more engaging by choosing or recording their own sound effects and triggering them with Specdrums. Express your creativity and play music and sounds in a whole new, open-ended way with Specdrums.
Specdrums are app-enabled rings that make the world your instrument by turning colors into sounds. These simple, versatile musical instruments are designed for use in school, at home, or on the go. Connect to the Specdrums Edu app and tap on anything–drawings, print-outs, or the included Play Pad–to play any combination of notes, chords, and samples. Learn music fundamentals through color association or use Specdrums to trigger custom sounds for a wide variety of subjects.
Specdrums Edu Features:
• Choose from over 50 different types of instruments, including keys, synths, strings, horns, and drum kits, plus other sound packs, like animals and sound effects.
• Record your own sound packs from real instruments, the world around you, or spoken words.
• Assign notes, chords, and samples to any color.
• Use markers, stickers, colored paper, physical objects, or anything else with color to create your own kits and keyboards to play on.
• Save your combinations of colors and sounds as your own project to load up later or share as a QR code.
• Scan QR codes from Specdrums Activity Cards or codes shared by others to load custom projects.
• Combine multiple notes and samples to a single color to create custom chords and sounds.
• Sustain notes by holding your ring down on the color.
• Connect multiple rings.
• Quickly assign common scales to your colors.
Make the world your instrument. Order Specdrums at Sphero.com now.
*This app requires Specdrums App-Enabled Musical Rings
New design to simplify connecting, setting up, and playing your Specdrums rings.
Ratings and Reviews
Only 1 issue!
This app and the Specdrums Rings are great for beginning music creators like myself. I only have one issue and that is that there is no option to invert chords, the only chords available to play are in the dominant position. I would really like to use my specdrums for dominant and inverted chords to make my music more interesting! Other than that I have no critiques, super fun and easy to use!
This app is awesome when you use it with the rings, especially two of them! It is almost perfect, but there is some improvements.
First, add an option to make an account. An account allows you to sync your musical creations to other devices. Second, add an option to pair two devices together to let them compose together so you can connect even more rings. Third, add an option to record your songs. You would select the record button, tap some notes, then you can replay the notes you tapped. Fourth, add an option to create a sound pack using prerecorded sounds. You can add a sound from the files app or select a video from the camera roll and the app will extract the audio from it. With this, you can even make a keyboard out of cat meows! There are also a lot of other possibilities.
Add these features and and the app will be perfect!😉 🤔 👍🏻
Great for music stations/centers
I am an elementary music teacher and I was given a used, partially complete set from the school librarian. I have to say, this is perfect for centers when my class has to be quiet on testing day, as a brain break, or as part of a center rotation. Actually it’s like 4 centers in one! So far 5th and 3rd grades love it on a 1:1 iPad to student ratio. I’m going to test it down through first grade, which has a 1:5 ratio.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sphero, Inc.
- 43 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2017 Specdrums. All rights reserved.