Specdrums Edu is the official platform for customizing Specdrums rings--app-enabled rings that play music. All skill levels, from beginners to seasoned musicians, can create their own masterpieces with hundreds of instruments, drum kits, and other sounds. Educators across a wide range of subjects, such as art, language, social studies, science, and math can make their lessons more engaging by choosing or recording their own sound effects and triggering them with Specdrums. Express your creativity and play music and sounds in a whole new, open-ended way with Specdrums.
Specdrums are app-enabled rings that make the world your instrument by turning colors into sounds. These simple, versatile musical instruments are designed for use in school, at home, or on the go. Connect to the Specdrums Edu app and tap on anything–drawings, print-outs, or the included Play Pad–to play any combination of notes, chords, and samples. Learn music fundamentals through color association or use Specdrums to trigger custom sounds for a wide variety of subjects.
Specdrums Edu Features:
• Choose from over 50 different types of instruments, including keys, synths, strings, horns, and drum kits, plus other sound packs, like animals and sound effects.
• Record your own sound packs from real instruments, the world around you, or spoken words.
• Assign notes, chords, and samples to any color.
• Use markers, stickers, colored paper, physical objects, or anything else with color to create your own kits and keyboards to play on.
• Save your combinations of colors and sounds as your own project to load up later or share as a QR code.
• Scan QR codes from Specdrums Activity Cards or codes shared by others to load custom projects.
• Combine multiple notes and samples to a single color to create custom chords and sounds.
• Sustain notes by holding your ring down on the color.
• Connect multiple rings.
• Quickly assign common scales to your colors.
Make the world your instrument. Order Specdrums at Sphero.com now.
*This app requires Specdrums App-Enabled Musical Rings
New design to simplify connecting, setting up, and playing your Specdrums rings.
Ratings and Reviews
Only 1 issue!
This app and the Specdrums Rings are great for beginning music creators like myself. I only have one issue and that is that there is no option to invert chords, the only chords available to play are in the dominant position. I would really like to use my specdrums for dominant and inverted chords to make my music more interesting! Other than that I have no critiques, super fun and easy to use!
No recording feature update? I loved the old version
This is an amazing app and I’m certain that if you keep the old features as well as the new simplified version this app will Sky rocket I was so impressed by this concept it blew my mind my iss teacher showed me this app and I was hooked please bring the recording feature back !
Great way to teach music!
Enjoy the creative uses we can find with this in the classroom. A+
- Specdrums, Inc.
- 43 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2017 Specdrums. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.