The Specialty Produce app is a hand-held reference for thousands of produce items and recipes:
* Over 2,500 produce entries, ranging from the common to the exotic.
* Over 15,000 recipes hand selected from respected food bloggers, chefs, authors, and journalists
* Products and information added regularly
For our subscribed users, special content and features are available via a one year, auto-renewing subscription of $24.99. The Specialty Produce Content and Features subscription provides access to
* A custom picture with contact information can be added to Produce Spots, allowing you to grow consumer awareness of your produce.
* The ability to create your own recipe collection (my cookbook) with your favorite recipes and share them with your friends and friends.
* The ability to add personal notes to your favorite produce items and recipes.
* Easy to use interface with ability to swipe within categories
It will be charged to your Apple Account at confirmation of purchase.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- The Apple account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same amount as the original subscription purchase: $24.99
- Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings on the device.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. In other words, cancelling your subscription will prevent any subsequent auto-renewing, allowing your current subscription to expire at the end of the subscription period.
We highly value the satisfaction of our customers. If you have any questions or concerns about the subscription (or anything else!) email us at email@example.com for a speedy response.
Small corrections and improvements based on your valuable customer feedback
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve had the app for 4 years now and was shocked when the new version called for a subscription. My 30-day trial just ended and I must admit I love the app more than before. Easy to use, can swipe within produce pages :) and it's cool to see produce in markets near me and far with the share market features. From one veggie enthusiast to another, get the app!
Unsure of the point
Talking about both free version and subscription of the app (not the website). This app seems to be, mainly, an encyclopedia for edible fruits/vegetables/roots/fungi (ie, Wikipedia, but with far less detailed information and not open to user contributions). In the app there is also a locator of sorts, but you can’t really customize where you want to search or how the information is sorted. For example, there is an option to let the app use your phone’s location, but there’s no way to know where it thinks you are or manually fine tune, and the list of produce it shows isn’t necessarily relevant anymore-it’s October as I type, all results, which were arbitrarily listed (not showing by closest to my location) were from July, and I can’t really get much detail beyond that in the app. I could go on, but suffice to say, even though I recognize that people don’t work for free, hence the subscription Specialty Produce wants users to pay, the annual subscription isn’t getting most (maybe Californians who have year round growing and farmer markets) anyone a useful service. Instead of this app, just go to their website if you find their efforts useful; there’s far more there and it’s for free.
App is Like an Encyclopedia
We bought Ramps today. My wife was excited when she spotted them as they are never available in regular grocery stores. Looked them up on the app. While we knew these were harvested, not commercially ground, there was lots of other interesting information. Love reading about the various item we buy.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Extraordinaire Tomatoes Inc
- 106.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Specialty Produce
- In-App Purchases
- Professional Content and Features $24.99
- Monthly Pro Content Feature $2.99