Download the Spectrum TV app and get the most out of your Spectrum TV experience at home or on the go. Stream On Demand or live TV anywhere, on any device.
TURN ANY SCREEN INTO A TV
• Stream live TV anywhere you have a connection.
• Enjoy streaming thousands of On Demand shows and movies.
• Cast from your phone or tablet to a compatible TV with Chromecast.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS
• Create a personalized guide by setting your favorite channels.
• Search by title, network, actor or sports team anywhere in the app.
• Add new and exciting Spectrum Originals to your Watchlist.
CONTROL YOUR TV AND DVR
• Change TV channels on your Spectrum Receiver.
• Get showtimes and record your favorite TV shows and movies (with optional DVR services).
• Delete, modify and play DVR recordings on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
SET PARENTAL CONTROLS
Turn on parental controls and set a PIN to block shows by channel or rating. The blocks you set apply across each device in your household.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
Available programming depends on your Spectrum TV package. Some titles require you to connect to your Spectrum In-Home WiFi. A Spectrum TV subscription, username and password are required to sign in.
· We fixed a bug that affected navigation to the Feedback section in Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Great For iOS; Bad on AppleTV
The SpectrumTV app works great on my Apple mobile devices (iPhone and iPad). Unfortunately, it is very buggy on AppleTV 4K. Why it works on iOS and not TvOS is a mystery. Sometimes there is audio and no picture when watching live TV; other times no picture or sound at all. Even when there is picture and sound, the picture breaks up. Many times there is still running audio while the picture is frozen. There are problems with buffering and freeze-ups, also. None of these issues occur while using the app on my iPhone or iPad Pro; only AppleTV. I’ve confirmed that the problem is not with my internet connection, speed, or my wireless network (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz). Also, other apps stream just fine. The fault is definitely the app only on AppleTV. I’ve even deleted and reinstalled the app on AppleTV several times with no luck. Also, my AppleTV is fully up to date. The app is totally disfunctional on AppleTV. I hope the developer looks into this and gets another update going to correct this. I cannot be the only one having this issue; and I’ve done all troubleshooting possible. As I say, the SpectrumTV app works great on iOS, just not on TvOS.
I have not encountered any issues with on-demand viewing using the SpectrumTV app on AppleTV. All the issues I am encountering seem to be concerning live TV viewing only.
Expect up to a one minute lag for live tv.
Only gripe, and this could obviously just be a current technological problem, rather than an issue specific to Spectrum) but when streaming live tv, the lag can be about 30 seconds to one minute late. I’ve got the super bowl on tv downstairs, when I need to leave the room, the app would allow me to watch while I am in another room, however, I can hear my family clap/cheer in response to a touchdown in the other room, which I don’t see happen for another minute watching through the app on my phone. I come back to the room, and i have two choices: watch it live on tv which is one minute ahead (so i miss a full minute) OR continue watching the app until a commercial when I can resume watching on tv without missing any plays. A small lag isn’t a big deal at all, but one minute? It doesn’t even take that long for tv networks to correspond and communicate to journalists internationally on a live news broadcast, and here I am in the same house on the same network? Baffling.
Works ok but needs some updates
First let me just state that all I want from the app I’d local television and maybe a few others and for just that it does a decent job. It does get a bit laggy here and there and when you first turn on the tv and Apple TV you have to back out of the app to get to started. Cold booting the Apple TV into the spectrum app (if that’s how you shut it down) doesn’t work, all you get is a loading pinwheel. Back out of the app and to the Apple TV main menu then go back into the spectrum app and all is well
My biggest problem with the app is the “still there? Interact with your remote to continue watching” popup that will not go away. It comes and goes when it wants, sometimes staying visible for weeks at a time. It covers the lower third display used by news etc to give more info on things your watching which is annoying. To fix it you have to delete the app from the Apple TV and re-install. Then in 3-4 days when it happens again you either ignore it for as long as you can bear or delete and re-install the app again
Please fix this I beg of you!! Slower speeds and pixelation here and there I can deal with but a floating prompt covering the whole lower third of the tv is mind numbingly frustrating
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- 71.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Charter Communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.